14: This Skill

Don't forget to VOTE and add to your reading list!!

This Drawing

"Shut up!" I whisper yell.

When he doesn't stop I get down off the bed and try to cover his mouth with my hand.

I get my hand over his mouth but he's still laughing behind it.

"You need to be quiet Bash, my parents are right down the hall." I tell him sternly. "It wasn't even that funny."

He pushes my hand away from his face and sits up on his elbows next to me. "Oh yes it was." He nods his head smiling. "That was hilarious."

"You're an ass you know that Bash?" He stands up from the ground leaving me to stare up at him, basically to the ceiling.

"I get told that every day of my life." He shrugs.

"I'm being nice to you and you're just a jerk back. Why?"

Bash throws his self-down on to my bed. "That's like asking why people use toilets. It's better than the alternative."

"And what's the alternative?" I ask crossing my arms.

"Pooping in buckets." He says with a smirk.

"Ew- Bash. You know that's not what I meant."

Bash grabs something behind his back. "What's this?"

Before I can stop him he flips through the pages.

"Don't do that!" I jump for the book but he pulls out of my reach before I can grab it.

"Holy... shit..." He mumbles as he turns page after page.

"Bash stop!" I plead as I chase him around my room.

If he sees the drawing of Lucas... he'll never let me live that down.

It's not dirty or anything, it's just a copy of a picture I got off Facebook. Bash just can't see it, I'll look like a total stalker.

"Is... is this you?" Bash turns around suddenly, I crash into his chest.

He's holding my sketch book open to a drawing I did of myself. It's really only the top half of my face peeping up from the bottom of the page.

"Is it?" Bash asks again sternly. I make a move to grab the book but he yanks it away again.

"Yes." I mumble. I can feel the lump in the back of my throat. There are things in that book that I don't want Bash to see.

"I got bored one day and decided to fool around. I know it's not good." I can't look him in the eye. It feels too personal now, like he can see everything I keep hidden. Which isn't a lot but still.

"You decided to fool around? Sadie this isn't fooling around. This is a masterpiece. All of these are." Bash starts flipping through the pages again.

Finally I manage to grab it from him. I slam it shut and press it to my chest so he won't grab it again.

"Sadie, look at me." He leans down to get in my line of vision but I turn away. I walk back to the bed and lay my back on the headboard, never letting go of the sketch book.

"Are you mad at me?" He asks with a frown leaning over the end of the bed.

I shake my head no although he can probably see my wet eyes.

"Yes you are." He sighs. He crawls up the bed to where I'm sitting. He brings one knee over my leg and sits down so he's sitting on my lower thighs.

I want to kick him out. I don't want to see him right now, possibly ever again. But I can't make him leave when he has nowhere else to go. It wouldn't be right, no matter how humiliated I am right now.

"You have no right to be mad at me."

"Yes I do! You saw something that you shouldn't have seen even after I told you no."

"I knew that would get you to talk." He smiles triumphantly. I roll my eyes but the movement causes a tear to fall down my cheek. "Shit, don't cry. I'm not good with crying girls." He panics. I start to giggle a little unintentionally.

After we're both smiling Bash speaks up. "I really like your drawings." He whispers.

I look up into his blue eyes. I never noticed how striking they are. They're not bright striking like the ocean but more like a soft grayish that complements his tan skin perfectly.

"Thanks." I mumble and look away.

"Hey don't get embarrassed. I just said I like them not that I like you." He laughs.

"Can you get off my legs?" I meekly ask.

"Only if you stop holding your sketch book with a death grip."

"You won't try to look at it?" I ask suspiciously.

He shakes his head no.

"Fine."

He gets off of my legs and lays down beside me. I get up from my bed to hide the book in my closet where Bash won't be able to find it in the middle of the night.

I jump back in bed, under the covers while Bash stays on top of them.

"Did you really have to hide it from me?"

"Yes, now get off my bed. I don't trust you in here with me."