18: This Intruder

This Intruder

"What are you doing in my bedroom," I screech.

"You've been ignoring me."

I lean my head back against my wooden door and groan. "It's been one hour. How do you know I've been ignoring you?" I look down to his tall frame laying down the length of my mattress. "Maybe I just didn't get your messages."

"One hour is too long for me, I'm not a very patient guy." Bash turns on his side to face me, his elbow propping his head up. "Hey Sadie," he says with a smirk.

"What?"

"Draw me like one of your French girls."

My lips betray me and turn up into a smile. I try my best to cover it up by wiping my hand down my face and turning towards my dresser. "You're not funny." I dump my bag on the ground and some of the contents spill out but I don't care enough to pick them up. Turning back around to Bash who is still in the same position, I say, "How did you get in here anyways?"

He shrugs and falls back against the bed, his whole body spread out so all four corners are taken up by one of his limbs. "You mother fell in love with me at first sight and I fucked her in the kitchen."

"You did not," I shriek.

Bash starts to laugh as I die of mortification. The images are too real in my head right now. "No I didn't. I walked through your front door, your mom didn't see me. Although she did call 'hello' from the kitchen."

That would explain why she didn't say 'hi' to me when I walked in the house.

"Why are you in my house again?" Since Bash is so pleasantly covering my entire bed with his body, I have nowhere to sit but the chair in the corner of my room.

"Because you're ignoring me."

"It's been an hour, that does not qualify as ignoring you."

"You've got the texts and calls eventually obviously if you know about them and yet you still have not replied. I take that as ignoring me."

"Trust me I want to ignore you but I don't have that luxury apparently now do I?"

Bash raises his head to look at me. "So you are mad at me?"

I throw my hands up in the air and say, "Of course I'm mad at you. Why wouldn't I be?"

Bash slowly sits up and throws his legs over the side of the bed so he's facing me. "What you heard at the ice cream place isn't what you think Sadie."

I laugh dryly and look up to the ceiling so I can avoid his eye contact. Even that little stubborn action makes me feel a little bit better. "I heard everything clearly Bash. You don't need to make excuses."

"But you don't know because if you really did then you wouldn't be mad at me," he argues.

"Is this the part where you claim to have saved me somehow and I should be grateful?"

Bash looks down to my beige carpet. "Maybe."

I laugh and pull my knees up to my chest. "Well let me hear how you're knight in shining armor."

He looks up to me. "Don't sound too sarcastic," he says, a little on edge.

"Sorry." I shrug, not really meaning it. "It's hard not to."

Bash groans and runs his hand down his face slowly. "You know that guy that was standing beside me? With the long blonde hair?"

"Yeah?"

"Well when he whispered a suggestion into my ear about you I thought the only way to make him get rid of it is turning his attention on something else. And that something else was you over hearing my rude comment."

"Wow, you're so noble. A real Prince Charming," I say blandly.

"I helped you," he argues.

"How is that helping me? You humiliated me in front of those guys."

"Because he bet me thirty dollars to have sex with you!"

The silence that follows is deafening. The only sound I can hear is the distant voice of my Mom on the phone downstairs, other than that neither of us are making a sound.

"Sadie," Bash starts.

"Get out."

He seems shocked at first but recovers quickly with a look of anger. "You're not kicking me out."

"Yes I am." I stand up in defiance. "This is my room, my house. Get the hell out Bash."

Bash stands up too, his height towering over me by a good six inches. "No."

"Get. Out." Tears sting my eyes but I refuse to let them break loose. Bash has already humiliated me once, I won't let him see me cry also.

"Don't cry." He sighs.

"Bash," I protest, my voice cracking in the process.

"Listen to me Sadie." He grabs both my shoulders in his large hands.

"No," I protest and shove him back as hard as I can with both hands. He falls back onto my mattress but doesn't bother to sit up.

I'm too focused on my anger that I hardly hear what he says. "I wasn't going to bet money on fucking you Sadie. So I did the only thing I could do and reject the offer."

"You're an asshole you know that?"

"You're a good girl and good girls and my friends don't mix very well. You should never come in contact with them, they're bad news."

"And you're not?"

"Well," he says while his eyes rake over my body.

"What are you looking at?"

Absentmindedly, with his eyes on my chest he says, "You're so damn hot when you're mad."

My hormones and anger gets the best of me and the next thing I know, I'm straddling Bash and our tongues are raging war with each other.

His hands are gripping the back of my thighs tightly and our chests are pressed up against each other. When the feeling of the fabric between us gets to be too annoying I lean back to sweep Bash's plain black t-shirt over his head.

The sight underneath is like nothing I've ever seen.

"Are you a model," I ask breathlessly, admiring his toned abs and chest as his mouth latches on to my neck.

"No," he whispers and turns my head back to him so our lips can meet again.

Somehow I end up below Bash with every part of our bodies is touching. Our thighs, hips, chest, and even our hands have found each other in a tight grip.

For this moment I forget completely about Lucas. This moment and mine and Bash's.

Until it's not anymore.

Bash reluctantly pulls away. "I have to go. I have band practice."

"You're in a band," I ask intrigued.

He nods his head, his eyes still focused on my chest. "Yeah, I sing."

"Really?"

He looks up to me. "Hey you sound surprised."

"I just wouldn't take you for the singing type."

"And I wouldn't take you for the artist type," he says with a raised eye brow.

"Touché."

He leans down to kiss me twice again before pulling away for the final time.