FOUR

I woke up the next morning to loud shouts and laughter ringing out throughout the house. I groaned, shoving a pillow over my head and trying to go back to sleep.

They were so annoying.

Tobi bought me a smoothie the day before as an 'apology', and refused to let me pay him back. After he took me home, I brought my smoothie upstairs and stayed in my room for the rest of that night. Of course, the last thing I wanted was to wake up to screaming.

"Ugh, shut up," I groaned into my pillow. Obviously, they couldn't hear me, which I preferred. I didn't need another lecture from Ethan.

"What was that?" I heard a voice next to me and I screamed, sitting up but much too quickly.

"What the hell, Ethan?" I clutched my head. "Why are you in here?"

"You were literally beat up yesterday," He stretched. "I wanted to make sure you were alright."

"Yeah, well, I'm fine," I sighed. "Well, I was."

"It's almost noon, it's time to get up," He patted my head. "You get to come shopping with us today. My treat."

"Do you know how much I hate shopping?" I asked. That was a lie...I didn't mind shopping, but I figured he'd let me stay at the house by myself if I said I didn't want to go.

"Please, Case?" He scratched his beard. "What would it take for you to come out of this room once in a while?"

"I want to go to Ibiza," I smirked, knowing my crazy demand wouldn't be met.

But he smirked, too. "That can be arranged."

I widened my eyes. "What?"

"Come shopping today, and we'll go on a holiday next week. To Ibiza."

Though I tried not to, I couldn't help but grin. "Yes! Yes yes yes!"

"There's my best friend!" He cheered at the fact that I was grinning. "I thought I'd never see you again."

I cringed at that. At the idea that it was my fault that I became what I was. All because I avoided him.

I'll admit. I was scared to keep him around. After what happened...I didn't want him to think I was a freak.

I didn't want him to hate me.

I bit my lip as my grin faded. "Ethan, I'm so—"

"What's going on in here?" Harry happily bounced into the room as if I wasn't about to give a heartfelt apology to my best friend.

"Casey just woke up," Ethan explained.

I frowned. "Yeah, thanks to you lot. What could you be doing that needs so much noise?"

"We're getting ready to record a video," Ethan explained. "For our YouTube channel."

"So that's how you have so much damn money," I muttered. "Well keep it down, yeah? I'll be in here."

"Please come watch us," Ethan stared into my blue eyes as he spoke. I always hated my eyes, since they weren't typically a color you would see with brown hair. "I'll let you have a beer."

I raised an eyebrow. "It's noon."

"Well, if you don't want it—"

"I'm coming," I yawned. "Just let me change."

"Damn, I thought I was an alcoholic," Harry said from the doorway. I shot him a glare and he laughed before scurrying away.

Ethan left, too, and I changed into another pair of black skinny jeans, as well as a grey top and a dark-red, plaid shirt over it. I used to dress all girly and cute, but I decided wearing darker clothes would prevent people from talking to me.