Who are You?

George felt the arctic's entirety be let loose into his stomach, cold and heavy. His back straightened like he had developed rigor mortis. His soft hands became flashes of white as they vibrated subtly. A pure shock colonized his body.

"...Dream?"

Dream looked into George's bloodshot eyes. They were no longer teary, like they were looking into his mother's eyes. Now, they screamed of agony and horror.

"...Who are you?"

Dream's hand flew to his throat. He felt like the whole world was watching him. A sudden burning sensation drowned him.

George started creeping away from Dream slowly.

Who even is Dream?

Everything happened so fast; they didn't even know each other.

George was blindsided by the fact that Dream had been George's first friend.

Is George safe?

He knew nothing about Dream.

Is his name even Dream?

"Dream, you have one minute to explain. Explain everything."

George's voice choked on air.

"Or else...I will call the guards."

Dream's mouth was desolate for words. His throat tightened under pressure. His eyes became the desert as they flew into a blinking fury.

George backed into the hall behind him. He hit the far wall behind him, his hand reaching for the sword he was required to carry. The silence pierced his ears louder than any sound.

"Now, Dream," George demanded.

Dream swallowed his fear in a dry breath.

"I-I told you I tended to the horse stables in the landscape, correct."

George paused.

"Correct."

"Good, now listen to me." Dream sighed

Dream put his hand against his chest to regain trust. His eyes wide. His voice coaxed George to come back; it was as if Dream was talking to a pet.

"I'm not the villain. Your mother owned Heaven." Dream fought.

George was taken aback. His grip on the hilt of his handle loosened ever so slightly; Dream noticed.

"She would have told me." George insisted, his throat barely able to croak out a noise.

Dream studied his leather shoes. His dirty blond hair transformed into a deep chocolate in the absence of light. His face contorted into dark shadows covering his eyes. He appeared as a sinister being.

"I guess that's one secret she took with her." Dream grimly replied.

George had a newfound iron grip on the hilt of the sword. Beads of sweat raced down his skin. Thoughts frenzied, George wasn't capable of even recognizing Dream.

"Dream, how much do you know about my mother? About the kingdom? About me?" George breathed restlessly.

The shadows over Dream's face scurried away as the light overtook his body when he looked George in the eye. His maleficent aura faded with a single glace.

"George. You know me! You can trust me! I'll tell you everything I know. It might take all dusk, but I'll do it. Let's calm down and talk about it. Please?"

Dream gazed deep into George's irises with big puppy-dog eyes.

Was George safe with Dream?

Alas, Dream showed him things he had never seen before.