Chapter 3 (Part One)

"Don't kill them Emma said, and what does Emma do? Busts a nut and kills her," Cam explained.

    "Yeah. Well, it happens. Just don't make it a habit." Emma said throwing the girl down and gathering herself. "Make sure she remembers nothing." Emma told Cameron, referring to the woman still in his lap who's calm as ever. Then she turned to Taylor "She died in a car accident."

"I'll do it in the morning," Taylor agreed.

"Good," Emma went back to her steam roller. "Why is it so packed tonight anyway? Those girls gotta' be from out of town."

     "They were" Cameron said reentering from dismissing and compelling the woman.

      "Savannah State's homecoming," Taylor informed.

      "I forgot it was October. Homecoming season."

       "Oh yeah that reminds me, next weekend were trying to have this huge party at the estate," Cam suggested.

        "Can't. Next Saturday is Aaliyah's eighteenth birthday. Najee has a huge party planned," Emma replied.

        "Of course," Cam slapped his thigh in frustration, "forgot Najee calls all the shots around here," Cam said with attitude.

    That irked Emma, "I'm the leader of this clan. I'm very much throwing this party, as he is. Besides you know Aaliyah is like my little sister."

    "It's not Aaliyah or the damn party!" Cam yelled aggressivly slamming his fist into the table.

     "Dude chill" Taylor cautioned.

     "No," Emma said setting down her steam roller. Without any movement she popped out her contacts, letting her maroon eyes show. "Elaborate."

Cameron calmed himself after seeing what Emma did with her contacts, and the tone in her voice. It was soft but the mixture of authority and malice was evident.

"It's just...it's..."

   "It's....." Emma mocked waving her hand impatiently.

   "People are talking Em. Like they did with Cordell," he paused seeing the rage flash across Emma's face. "They want Najee gone Em. They... we as a clan, as a family are tired of it. Of him. I mean the vile things he does. Just three days ago he threw Alexis in the pool of werewolf blood, just for annoying him."

   "I can't lie Emma, the guy is very intense," Taylor agreed.

    "An intense asshole," Cam declared.

    Emma sighed heavily. She couldn't even begin to fathom that what happen ten years could be repeating itself. It wasn't. She wouldn't let it. She couldn't deny it any longer. There was tension growing and Najee was very good at making that worse. She needed the clan to trust her. To have faith in her.

    "Listen," she stood, and in two small steps she was at the tall glass windows looking out to the club below. "I heard about Alexis. I know things have been on edge. They'll calm down. Just let me talk to him."

    "No offense but what exactly is there to even talk about?" Taylor asked.

    "He's gotta go Em," Cam added.

     She turned around violently, "Are you demanding me?" She dared.

      "Of course not. It's just we miss your rule. The one before the came, when it was just you who had control. To be honest Dee can kick rocks too." He looked at Taylor, "no offense to your sire and all but we all know he's Najee's little sidekick."

     "Najee is his mentor, much like Dee is to me," Taylor said in Dee's defense.

     "Much like he is a mentor to all of us," Emma jumped in. "I spent two hundred years with him and the other originals, their clan, the Eternals." She looked at Cameron, "You're my sire. A part of my clan," her voice was strong and confident. "I'll deal with Najee. Tell the rest of the clan to relax and trust me, I got them. I got you. I promise."

   At that moment her phone rang, she saw it was Dee and answered "Hello?" She hung up the phone looking up at Cameron and Taylor. There was no need to speak because they heard what Dee said. Cameron's eyes locked deep with hers and with her eyes she assured him.

Yeesh Cam don't lose ya head! Don't forget to vote & comment #MakeVampiresCoolAgain