19 | Where things go south

"Why's everyone empty-handed?!"

You burst out laughing while the other students stare the confused Kugisaki. She's dragging a suitcase behind her while a carry on bag is resting on her shoulder.

"Why do you have luggage?" panda ask.

"Why? Aren't we going to kyoto..?" she ask, "The sister school reunion at Kyoto.."

She trails off.

"The sister school reunion with Kyoto." panda corrects.

You snicker before adding, "At Tokyo!"

"No way!" Kugisaki exclaims, "L/N, you didn't tell me anything!"

Your eyes slightly widen, "Well, i thought you knew?"

"Figures that conversations haven't been matching lately."

"Right."

You hear Fushiguro and Maki.

You smile softly, remembering the events of the night before. Fushiguro had helped you a lot that evening. Nothing much happened except a heart-to-heart talk between the two of you and a silly debate wether which rice is better when made into onigiri— something lighthearted to end the night.

"We do it at the school that won on the previous year." panda further explains.

"Don't go winning! Moron!" Kugisaki explodes. She's frustrated about not being able to go to Kyoto along with having to pack all her stuff for what she assumed was traveling to Kyoto for the event.

"I didn't even enter last year.." panda informs the fuming girl who continued getting upset.

"Hey, it's okay!" you giggle, "I can take you to Kyoto someday." you reassure the girl while she continues whining.

"Thank you, L/N, but i'm angry right now!"

She defeatedly drops on her knees. You and Inumaki watch as this all happened.

"Last year, Yuta joined to match numbers."

"It was before 'Rika' was dispelled, right?"

You decide not to comment on what they were talking about. You didn't know who this guy is but he seems strong.

"Unforgiveable Okkotsu Yuta!"

You hush the girl, "Kugisaki! stand up, you're gonna get your knees dirty."

"Fffiiinnneee.." she sluggishly gets up with your help, grabbing your hand when you offer to pull her up.

"Hey." maki calls,

"They're here."

You turn to wherever Maki's facing, your eyes immediately seeing a bunch of different faces. you're surprised to see only a few of them— sorcerers aren't really just normal people..

'So they're the students from kyoto.' you thought.

"Isn't having.. Three first years too much of a handicap?" one of them says with a robotic voice.

Sou raise a brow.

H-Handicap..?

He might be telling the truth. Even you know that you aren't able to feed on human curses just yet. Not that you wanted to consume this tin can but as of now, you're basically useless.

You sigh defeatedly.

'It's hard having to start when everyone's already used to this sorcery stuff.. I feel like a beginner.'

"Don't fight among yourselves."

You then hear the voice of a woman— wearing a red and white miko. Would it be safe to assume that she's some type of shrine maiden?

She also seems to have stopped the Kyoto kids from talking.

"So, where's that moron?"

Your eyes accidentally meets hers.

You awkwardly advert your gaze to someone else. That someone being Fushiguro.

"Satoru's late."

"No way that moron could come on time."

"No one even said that moron reffered to gojo-sensei.."

Maki sighs, turning to you only to notice the obvious discomfort in your expression as you attempt to hide behind both panda and Fushiguro— you didn't look too good.

Maki grabs your attention by placing a hand on your shoulder, "It's always like this, L/N. Don't worry."

You show a smile, "Okay.."

"Sorry for the wait!"

Ah.

There he is, the one and only child who's stuck in a body of an adult; Gojo Satoru. Are you really sure he's the same one that told you about your mysterious family?

'Unfortunately.'

"Hey hey, seems everyone's around! I was in a business trip overseas, you see."

While gojo's busy giving out the souvenirs that he brought back, your eyes is now focused on the box that he brought along with him.

Cursed energy.. You can feel it.

'Oh? Oh no..'

Your stomach rumbles, catching the attention of the second years and both your fellow first years.

They paid no mind to it for now.

Your heart begins to beat rapidly the more you stare at the box that's somehow radiating cursed energy. Just.. what is Gojo bringing to the campus?

You lick your lips, using your uniforms sleeve to wipe off drool from the corners of your lips. God, whatever is in the box reeked of cursed energy and you're more than willing to open this up for your dear Gojo sensei!

"And for the Tokyo folks, here's this!"

welcome back, itadori :)