Chapter 1

I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw him. He was so attractive. Hell he took my breathe away.

From his suit to his shoes. He looked expensive. I watched silently as my boss made a mean gesture to the attractive man and the other guy he was with. I made no attempt to stop him.

I was too mesmerized with this guy. They quickly dashed off before I could get to the door. I turned to my boss and hit him on the shoulder. "Ow Y/N! What was that for?"

I gestured to the hallway. He understood right away. "Oh them? You see they're terrible people. That one man owns this building. I'm not sure about the other one. He doesn't look much better. Best to stay away from him."

Like that was going to happen. How could someone that good looking be that bad? Maybe I was letting my curiosity get the better of me. It was a weakness of mine. I decided to stop fussing over the guy and finish up cleaning up the restaurant for the night.

After awhile I happened to notice the other tenants were starting to gather out in the hall. Once I alerted my boss the two of us wandered out to see what was going on. They were all staring in the dry cleaner's window.

And there he was. The guy I had seen moments ago. Damn, he really was handsome. I watched as he scanned the small group. He seemed unsettled. Who wouldn't be? I mean he's got a group of random strangers all staring at him.

He slowly made his way to the door and opened it. Being so close to the door, I caught his scent. God it was amazing. He must be wearing some kind of expensive cologne. He started to walk away but Yuchan quickly stopped him.

"You came with the building owner didn't you?" "Yes," The man responded. His voice was so deep yet he looked so young. Yuchan continued to introduce himself to this guy even giving him his business card.

"Nice to meet you," the man said as he finished examining the card that had been handed to him. "I'm lawyer Vincenzo Cassano." The other tenants started to talk among themselves. "His last name is 'Vin'?" "Is he Chinese?"

They were all wrong though. That name, Vincenzo Cassano. That was Italian. He tuned to the group and told everyone to treat his name as an English name. "It was Casanova. Casanova." One of the female tenants spoke up.

She was wrong though. But I wasn't planning on correcting her. Yuchan and Vincenzo continued to talk for a bit. As I had predicted, Vincenzo was from Italy. Suddenly one of the female tenants hit my boss' arm. This of course caught Vincenzo's attention. "Mr. Baek, you've been to Italy."

My boss suddenly looked scared. He had never been to Italy at least I knew that. The tenants proceeded to tell Vincenzo that my boss studied in Milan. I had to do my best not to laugh at the panic on my boss' face. I noticed Vincenzo examining my boss. "We'll talk on occasion organically arises. We'll talk then."

Vincenzo proceeded to question my boss about where he studied specifically where in Milan. Of course my boss lied to him. I wasn't sure if anyone else could see it, but Vincenzo knew my boss was lying. Vincenzo took a step toward my boss and shook his hand. Then in Italian said, "Nice to meet you. I'll stop by later."

The panic in my boss' face only grew. "Okay," he finally responded back in Italian. This was too funny. I let a small snort to escape from my lips. This happened to draw Vincenzo's attention to me. "Who's this," he asked my boss.

My boss pointed at me as if confused by his question. "Yes him." Vincenzo said in an annoyed tone. "Ah that's Y/N. He's an employee of mine. Really good at making pasta from scratch."

It's true. I was. It was one of the only talents I had. Vincenzo offered me his hand. "It's nice to meet you." He looked at me as if excepting an answer back.

Yuchan stepped in, "I'm sorry Mr. Casanova. He doesn't speak. Never has for as long as he's worked here." Vincenzo seemed surprised. "Interesting." I stared into his eyes. Fuck he was really hot up close.

After Vincenzo and Yuchan talked about law practices for a bit, Vincenzo left. I decided it was probably best for me to do the same. It was late anyway. I did my usual goodbye rounds to all of the tenants before heading back to my apartment. I had heard that I was supposed to be getting a new neighbor today too.

Maybe I should leave them a note and something nice to welcome them. I glanced at the door next to mine as I unlocked my door. Maybe. It's too late now. Once inside I kicked off my shoes, plugged my phone into my speaker, and started my nightly routine.

It wasn't long before I heard a knock at my door. Someone was knocking at my door this late at night? Odd but whatever. I quickly rushed over to the door and opened it. And standing there was Vincenzo.

"Hey could you-" He trailed off as his eyes met mine. "Oh, it's you." I nodded as I gripped the doorknob tighter. No way this was happening. He sighed, "Could you just turn the music down? The walls here aren't that thick." I nodded as I bowed to him as an apology.

I didn't realize how loud it actually was. And at such a late hour too. Fuck I must look like an idiot. "Your boss didn't really study in Italy, did he?" I shook my head no. Don't know why he was asking me since he already knew the answer.

"But you can understand what I'm saying can't you?" I shook my head yes. He chuckled. "Good to know." With that he said nothing more and went back to his apartment.

I slowly shut my door and went to unplug my phone. My god did the world just hate me? I laid down on my bed and stared up at the ceiling.

This wasn't going to be fun was it?

End chap. 1