Chapter 14: Forever Fall Part 2

Jaune gets pushed to the ground, as he hits the ground he starts groaning and then looks up and sees a sap-covered Cardin looming over him. The bigger warrior picks Jaune up by his front and grins while punching him back to the ground.

Cardin: "You know that wasn't very smart, Jauney boy." He picks up a bruised Jaune again while the rest of Team CRDL watches "I'm gonna make sure they send you back to mommy in teeny tiny pieces."

Jaune: "I don't care what you do to me..." he he looks at Cardin with fury "but you are not messing with my team, and my friends!"

Cardin: "What? You think talk like that makes you tough? You think you're a big strong man now?" He asks a little shocked

Jaune smiles in defiance. An enraged Cardin roars and raises his fist again, but just as the hit connects, a bright light shines from Jaune, and when the white fades, Cardin is crying out in pain as he holds his hand. Jaune, now back on the ground but completely healed, looks confusedly at his hands as they faintly glow white. While he stares, though, Sky Lark kicks Jaune in the back and gets him on his stomach, but he looks up and glares at the approaching Cardin.

Cardin: "Let's see how much of a man you really are..."

Just as he says this, a low growl is heard, and a surprised Team CRDL turns around and sees a large paw crash onto the scene, belonging to a huge Ursa Major with dozens of jagged spikes sticking out from its wide back. It leaps forward and stands over the terrified students, lifting its head in the air to smell the sap on Cardin's breastplate. It lands back on its forelegs and roars at Cardin while his teammates heroically flee.

Russel: "That's a big Ursa!"

Cardin is rooted to the spot when the Grimm swings its claws and knocks him sideways, revealing Jaune cowering behind him. The Ursa continues to sniff, uninterested in Jaune and following its nose to Cardin. He watches at it towers over Cardin, who gets his wits and pulls out The Executioner only for the monster to swipe it away to Jaune's feet. He looks conflicted, wondering whether to fight or run away.

——-

Meanwhile, the roar of the giant Ursa is heard by the members of Teams RWBY and JNPR, still collecting sap on the other side of the forest.

Ruby: "Did you guys hear that?" She asks getting up concerned

Suddenly, the remaining members of Team CRDL are seen running the other way from the roar through the other students.

Russel: "Ursa! Ursa!" He screams running in pure fear, and accidentally running into Yang

Yang: "What?!" She was completely unfazed by his collision, she picks him up by the front of his shirt "Where?"

Russel: he then starts struggling and running in air, but points back from where they came "Back there! It's got Cardin!"

Pyrrha: "Jaune" she drops her jar

Ruby: "Yang! You and Blake, go get Professor Goodwitch!," she shouts as they nod and run off

Pyrrha: to Lie Ren and Nora Valkyrie as she and Ruby activate their weapons "You two, go with them! There could be more!"

Then off in a distant tree Y/n finally jumps down to ground level with his familiar stoic expression.

——

Cardin is attempting to run from the following Ursa, but it leaps over its prey and claws him away. He then tries to get up and crawl away

Cardin: "Crap! Crap, crap!"

Pyrrha: "Oh, no!" She says Ruby and Weiss come onto the scene

They watch as the Ursa leans over the helpless victim, raising its paw and swiping it down... only to be blocked by Jaune's shield, Crocea Mors. He struggles to defend a stunned Cardin from its attempts to lean on him, but Weiss lifts Myrtenaster as she prepares to go help.