21

"Ay guys! What's going on?"

I almost scream at the unexpected voice, Dream quickly turning away and shielding his face with his hands. I spin towards the voice, and stop dead when I come face to face with a man.

He stands slightly stooped, lean frame casual and carefree. He wears a royal blue jumper, white stripes lining up his arms, from his wrists to his shoulders, and standard black pants, basic and informal. Jet black hair forms little spikes along his face, flopping slightly over his forehead, smooth tan features set into a wide, friendly smile.

"Who are you?" I ask in shock, finally closing my mouth which had dropped open.

"I'm Quackity." He says cheerfully, then bends down slightly, face creasing in slight concern at Dream's back. "Is he ok?"

I wave him off. "He's fine, he's got this weird thing about showing his face to people, don't worry about him."

He stands back up, shrugging, and then holds his hand out to me, which I step forward and shake.

"I'm Rosemary by the way." I tell him, letting go and stepping sideways, out of his way and away from Dream.

"Rosemary! Nice to meet you." He half yells, and I wince slightly. He seems friendly and nice, but very loud. Exactly like Tommy.

"Ay Big Q!" I hear Tommy's voice ring out in the distance. Speak of the devil. I turn around just as Dream straightens back up, mask firmly secured to his face, and watch a blonde head quickly make its way towards us. Dream turns to Quackity.

"Who the hell are you?" He says bluntly, and I fight the urge to smack him on the arm for being rude.

I see Quackity's face fall slightly and interrupt. "This is Quackity."

"What are you doing here?" Dream continues, in the same abrupt tone.

"Uh I just came to say hi to Tommy." Quackity says, confused.

Dream crosses his arms over his chest "And what ar-"

"Dream stop interrogating him for gods sake, he just wanted to say hello to Tommy." I snap, then turn to Dream. "You should go."

Dream steps in, hands dropping to his sides. "We still need to talk Rosie."

"No we don't, I've said everything I need to." I say firmly, and before Dream can respond, Tommy joins us, waving at Quackity.

"Tommy! What's going on man?" Quackity asks excitedly, and joins Tommy as they head back to L'manburg. I glance up at Dream, then go to follow them, but his hand snags my arm.

"Rosie just wait. Please." He pleads, pulling me back to him. I snatch my bicep out of his grip, and take a step back.

"What?" I snap.

"That's it? What am I supposed to do now?" He asks, and I sigh.

"Give me space. And time, please. I'm living in L'manburg now, I'm back home with my family. Let me heal, and then we'll see."

"How will I know when?" He says, voice desperate.

"I don't know, we'll just have to take things as they come." I answer honestly, before walking off, trying to catch up to Quackity and Tommy, leaving Dream standing there alone.

------

"No fucking way! You and that guy?" Quackity yells in surprise, and I glare at Tommy, who sits with a content smile plastered on his face.

"Tommy! Keep your mouth closed for once, please!" I cry out, and I can feel the tips of my ears burn in embarrassment.

"Sorry Rose, I'm just telling the truth." Tommy says smugly, while Quackity erupts into high pitched cackles that seem to overtake him in waves every time he looks up at my face. I narrow my eyes, and silently mouth the words 'I'm going to kill you.' over Quackity's shoulder, and watch Tommy's face instantly change, eyes widening in fear.

We've been sitting in the van for ages, Wilbur, Niki and Tubbo filtering in and out as they finish whatever tasks they needed to for the day, laughing at stupid stories and mostly making fun of me. I've decided that I really like Quackity, an overly excited, chaotic ball of laughter, him and Tommy bouncing off each other effortlessly. I find myself enjoying my day, for the first time in a while, completely distracted from all the thoughts in my head.

That is, until Tommy decides to open his big mouth about me and Dream.

"I can't- I can't- you and him. No fucking way. Isn't he like a super villain or something?" Quackity manages to say, in between chuckles. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, let's all make fun of Rosemary, ha ha ha." I say sarcastically. Tommy and Quackity burst into another round of laughter, and I can feel the heat spread from my ears to the rest of my face, burning my cheeks.

"It's just that, he fucking kidnapped you, and then you hooked up with him. That's pretty kinky Rosa, I'll give you that." Quackity laughs. I gasp in horror and Tommy chokes in surprise.

"That is not what happened, you fucking weirdo!" I say in horror, as Tommy splutters over the table. "What is wrong with you?

I never find out what exactly is wrong with Quackity, because Wilbur enters, another unfamiliar man standing next to him. This guy is lanky and thin, with close cropped brown hair. He had defined, angled features; hollow cheeks, a pointed chin and angular nose. He wears the L'manburg uniform, regal blue and white, with the stiff black hat perched on his head, with a headset balanced over his face, and red and blue eyeglasses.

"Everyone, this is Jack Manifold." Wilbur announces, and we have raise our hands in greeting. "He's new to L'manburg."

"It's Jack L'manifold now." Jack says, grinning. "Nice to meet you all!"

"Hi! I'm Rosemary!" I greet cheerfully, as Quackity and Tommy introduce themselves. Jack and Wilbur sit down at the table, and Quackity leans over the smooth wooden top.

"Jack, do you know who Dream is?" He asks mischievously.

It takes all my willpower to stop myself from lunging at him and strangling him with a shoelace.

------

A/N Hey everyone! A bit of a filler chapter for today. As you may or may not have noticed, I haven't uploaded in a bit under a week, because unfortunately I've been extremely sick. Hopefully this chapter isn't a colossal train wreck, as I'm still recovering.

Quackity and jack are here! Next chapter we'll get some plot in regards to what will become the main storyline for this book. This book will be much, much longer than book 1, because I have so many ideas to write.

Please vote and comment!

I hope you enjoyed!

Oopsies x