Chapter 27

Capital

Stepping on the capital felt like I finally arrived home, the bustling city filled with people, and the familiar smell and atmosphere of the place warms my heart. It's been so long, I can't believe that I'll get this emotional seeing my hometown but life is unpredictable.

I can feel Juan's hold on my hand tightening, I get it, she's scared and uncomfortable at a new place. Little did she know is that this is our hometown, this is where we were born and conceived, this is where she's supposed to live in.

It's just a pity, she should've live with a loving family who dotes on the two of us without any fear of getting thrown into the streets and being mocked due to her circumstances.

If it wasn't for her then I would've been the one living in her stead.

Juan was trafficked and I was about to but she hid me, I didn't know about that since I forgot due to the trauma of experiencing that horrible accident.

"It's okay mommy, JuJu will protect you!" I hug her waist while she bends down and kissed my forehead.

"Thank you JuJu"

It's only right for me to pay for what you've experienced these years after this we're even now!

...

We have settled into a small house just fifteen minutes away from the Wu estate, although the house was small (in my eyes) Juan's eyes got bigger just after seeing the house we're going to live in today.

"It's t-too big!" Juan with her eyes wide from shock turned around to He Yan.

"It's a simple place that I found, besides this is a part of the repayment I owed to the two of you" He Yan explained calmly, my eyes twitch at her description of the house, although this is a small place, everything is fully furnished and complete.

"But-"

"It's part of your incentive Ms. Mei, you don't have to worry over this"

Juan still looks unconvinced but I and Xiao Ruo have already run havoc on the place. The house is a simple two-story building with a bay window on the second floor. The walls are in the shade of light turquoise, the living room was clean and neat along with a wide flat screen and a dark green couch followed by golden-colored pillows. Towards the kitchen area, a cream-colored kitchen cabinet as well as a small kitchen island, and on top, was a bouquet of fruits and some wooden chairs on the side. Every piece of equipment was placed in an organized manner and the refrigerator was already filled with stocks of food.

"Let's go to your room JuJu!" Xiao Ruo shouted, I look at him in helplessness. Even if I'm a little girl, it still doesn't mean that you, a man can go in and out of my bedroom.

Ugh, there's so much to teach you, young man.

"You have to knock first before going to my bedroom okay?" He nodded obediently and I left with a satisfied smile.

I look at my bedroom and the one thing that pops in my mind is pink. Everything is covered in pink, the bed and the pillows, the walls and the carpet and even the curtains!

They truly treat me as a little kid then huh?

"Wow! Your room is beautiful!" I look at Xiao Ruo and burst into laughter after seeing his frowned face.

Heh, I don't need your consolation, I'll just tell Juan to change the colors of this room.

"JuJu? Come down here, mommy has something to tell you!" We went down together and saw the smile of the two women.

It seems like they finally reached a consensus, thank goodness. I was seated on Juan's lap with an embarrassed face and happened to see the cat-like appearance of Xiao Ruo being petted by his mother.

Oh, he's still a kid, I should really get used to acting like a kid towards Juan, or else she'll get suspicious of my identity.

"We've decided to let the both of you go to school this week" Juan started making me felt like a deflated balloon.

"Yehey! We're going to school!" The naive dog has a big smile on his face as if he had won the lottery.

Boy, if you knew the hardships you have to endure to school I bet you'll cry yo your mother right now claiming for their decision to let you go to school vanish. 

I've finished my degree a long time again and now you want me to learn how to read and write again?! Ugh! I really don't like being a kid anymore.

***
Chapter 27 is up!

Have a great day everyone and stays safe!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!