Chapter 18

"Someone call for back-up?" Alec asked as he stood with his wife and sister as Jace and Clary came out of the police station, Serena catching the tail end of their conversation.

"And why did Clary slap you?" Serena asked with a cocky smile, arms crossed over her chest.

Jace ignored her as he asked the raven-haired brother and sister what took them so long to get there.

Clary and Serena however, made eye contact in a silent gesture that said Clary would tell her later.

"We found the Cup," Clary then said, both women jumping back into the conversation.

"The Cup?" Isabelle clarified with wide eyes.

"Yeah, but then we lost it. We have to sneak back into the precinct to get it," Clary explained.

"Well, this is a disaster," Alec said as he crossed his arms and Serena hit his shoulder.

"Demon pox is a disaster. This is an inconvenience," Jace countered. "We just need a plan, that's all."

"What about a glamour?" Izzy suggested.

"We tried that. Anyone working with Valentine will see right through it," Jace informed.

"Can we ask Magnus Bane to portal us inside?" Clary suggested.

"Nope. Magnus can only portal us to places that he's been to before," Serena shot-down.

Clary's phone then rang as she stepped away to answer it, the team of four then conversing as they came up with a plan.

Serena smirking to her parabatai as they strode into the station while Jace got Clary, ready for their part.

"This is going to be fun."

******************************************************************

Gazing at the woman sitting at the reception desk, Alec said, "I'm guessing one of you two is the distraction?"

"Nope. I've decided to grow up, remember? No more distracting for me," Izzy said.

"Which we're still going to have a conversation about," Serena said pointedly to her parabatai. "Besides, I don't think we're her type."

"Oh, crap," Alec swore as he fixed his jacket.

"Don't worry. Just pretend it's Serena," Izzy said before the girl in question moved in front of her husband.

"What are you doing?" he asked, trying to swat her hands away from him.

"I'm unbuttoning your shirt. What's it look like I'm doing?" she sassed as she let go and Alec did up a couple buttons.

"You two are always the distractions, not me. This isn't my department," Alec protested.

"Please, I watched you woo Serena. This should be cake," Izzy remarked.

"Baby, I can't do this," Alec whined and Serena sighed as she ran her fingers through his fringe.

"Yes, you can. Based on our sex-life Alec, I know for a fact that you can, even in your sleep. And anyway, you're just talking to her, not seducing her. You'll be fine, ok?"

Alec sighed as he pouted his lips and Serena rolled her eyes as she pecked them quickly before walking over to the woman, Izzy trying not to gag at her family.

"Hey," he smiled, leaning on the desk, the woman pretty taken with him as she replied,

"Can I help you?" with a smile on her lips.

"Yeah, um, you come here often?"

Serena barely managed to keep the laugh from passing her lips as she pressed her head to Izzy's shoulder, Izzy who was also biting her coloured lips.

The woman sighed, snapped out of the trance as she said, "I work here. What can I help you with?"

"Right, uh, I'm just looking for some information, oh, ah," he said as he reached for a flyer only to spill an open water bottle as he knocked it over with his arm.

"Oh, I am so sorry. Wow. Let me get that," he said as he tried to help clean up the desk, subtlety swiping her ID card off the desk and over to Serena who caught it effortlessly as she and Izzy made their way down to the basement.

"We are never letting him forget that, right?" Izzy asked as her sister swiped the card and the metal door buzzed open.

"Please, have you met me and my brother? As if we'd let him forget it," she asked sarcastically and the two girls laughed as Izzy drew a rune onto the power supply box, frying it and sounding alarms as the building went dark.

"Let's get out of here," Serena said as their Nyx runes allowed them to see in the dark.

"Right behind you."