Chapter 34

Gaara was having a headache and was scolded by Baki.

"Take him away, tend to his injury, he is extremely important for the mission," said Baki.

Meanwhile, the Konoha 12, minus Lee, who was still in the hospital, had grouped together.

"So we take your orders?" asked Kiba.

"Yes, and in my absence, Sasuke's or Shikamaru's," said Naruto.

"So, what do you need us to do?" asked Neji.

"Shino, Choji, Hinata, and Kotaru and Itori if you will, go guard the academy," said Naruto.

"We will," said Kotaru and Itori Nodded.

"Tenten, Kiba, go along with Kurenai sensei to aid civilians in evacuation," said Naruto.

"Okay," said Tenten.

"But I want to fight!" whined Kiba.

"You will have a lot of people to fight. During the war, civilians are targeted to break the morale of the enemy, so many ninjas will target civilians," said Naruto, and Kiba nodded.

"Neji and Ino, stay here with Guy sensei and Kakashi sensei to fight the attackers here and protect the civilians. Ino, transfer your mind into the attackers, walk close to Neji, switchback. Neji, while they are dazed, close off their chakra points," said Naruto.

"Hai," said Ino. It was natural, hearing Naruto in such a commanding tone made her feel as if he was their leader and she couldn't deny him.

Neji nodded.

"Finally, Shikamaru, Sakura, you both will come with me and Sasuke and we will pursue Gaara. Our sole purpose is to defeat him and improve the seal for the tailed beast. Han and Kurotsuchi, if you please, you can come with us, we need all help possible," said Naruto, and Han nodded.

"Finally, keep killing as the last option as we need to minimize casualty to both sides minimum. They were played by Orochimaru into attacking us. And with that, we part. Take this scroll. This has the same message as the one I showed you, so that if anyone questions you, you can show them this," said Naruto.

"Okay. We will do our best Naruto kun," said a surprisingly confident Hinata.

"W-whoa," said Neji, surprised by the burst of confidence she displayed.

"Thanks, Hinata chan, you know, my offer for the date still stands," said Naruto.

"Not the time Naruto Kun," said Hinata, still very confident.

"Okay. All the best, and try not to get killed. And the ones going to the academy, here, take the barrier seals and four flame formation seal. In case evacuation is not possible, use these," said Naruto as he went to where Genma and Hayate were fighting Baki.

"Genma, where did Gaara go?" asked Naruto, and Genma pointed towards the east.

"I hope you all have nearly full chakra reserves by now," said Naruto.

"Don't worry, just get this over with. This is such a drag," said Shikamaru.

"They have become very strong in a short time, haven't they?" asked Guy.

"Yes," said Kakashi with a smirk.

"Let's have a competition. The one who knocks and restrains most people wins," said Guy.

"Let me get serious then," said Kakashi as he revealed his Sharingan.

On the roof, Orochimaru was fighting the two kage, when he decided that he had enough.