Chapter Nine

Tucker had a good day, which ended with even better sex. Divij and Tuck laid together in his bed after cleaning up. Divij was running his fingers on Tucker's arm, tracing the Medusa tattoo the lawyer got a few years ago that covered roughly his entire bicep. He was almost about to fall asleep, when Divij broke the blissful silence.

"Are you going to tell me who that was?" Divij asked.

"Who?" Tucker yawned, barely being able to keep his eyes open.

"The guy that dropped you tonight." Divij replied.

"Oh, him," Tucker snorted, "He's my sister's piece of shit boss. He lives in the same building as her, so we ran into each other and he dropped me home."

"Piece of shit boss?" Divij frowned slightly, which Tuck couldn't see.

"Yeah, he's annoying." Tucker snuggled closer to the younger man.

"Didn't you just prosecute your sister's company? He still dropped you home after that?" Divij questioned again.

"Yeah," Tucker hummed, "What's with all these questions?"

"Oh, nothing," Divij paused for a moment, before continuing "My ex double timed me and.. and don't get me wrong, I'm really not the type to get jealous or possesive, and I'm not going to ask you to cut off your friends or any of that bullshit but that guy.. I just got a weird vibe from him. Does this make sense? I'm sorry, I promise I won't—"

Tucker sshh-ed Divij by giving him a long kiss. He had noticed on their dates that Divij often got a bit insecure was and unsure of his feelings. He doubted himself a lot, resulting in him going into long rants, and then apologizing for feeling the way he did.

Normally, Tucker tried to stay away from people that were severely insecure, a very possessive ex taught him that lesson. But he could see that Divij was in no way a controlling guy, he was far from that, and he meant well.

"You don't need to apologise, he's not even a friend, he's no-one," Tucker pressed a kiss against his bare shoulder as he spoke, "I'd ask you to trust me, but I know it takes time for it to build. So, all I'll say is that give this a shot, I like you and I want to be good to you."

"I like you too." Divij replied shyly.

"I told you that my sister is getting married, right?" Tucker asked.

"To your best friend, yeah, I remember." Divij said.

"I know this might be a little too soon, and on short notice and I'll understand if you're not ready to meet my family just yet, but will you be my date to the wedding?" Tucker kissed Divij's neck, soft feather kisses making the man shiver from his touch.

"Are you sure?" Divij bit his lip, "I don't want you to ask me just because I—"

"Babe," Tucker stopped him, "Yes, I'm sure. I want you there."

"Then I'd love to be your date. Not going to lie, I'm nervous about meeting your family, but I want to give us a shot." After one last kiss, the conversation ended.

The two fell asleep shortly after that. The next morning, since it was the weekend, Divij stayed for a while. Tucker gave him a crash course on some of his relatives and family friends that he'd meet at the wedding. Divij listened attentively, and was a little in awe as Tuck told him stories of his childhood.

They took a shower together, and had a repeat of last night. They had discovered they had a very similar taste in music on their first date itself, so they cooked lunch together while listening to Tuck's playlist.

Divij had to leave after lunch because he had plans to meet some of his old college friends, so he left after a long, endearing kiss, wearing one of Tucker's t-shirts since he didn't have a change of clothes.