Chapter Three: Bonding Time

Once you all finished dinner you decided to watch a movie. “How about a horror movie?” Louis suggested as he bent down under the telly, scanning the DVD collection. “No.” Zayn said quickly. All the boys looked at him. Zayn was holding you under his arm. “Why not?” Liam questioned. Zayn nudged you and gave you a look. “You don’t like horror movies?” Niall asked while taking a seat on the opposite couch where you and Zayn were sitting. “Ummmm...” you said. “Awww come on love.” said Harry. “It’s just a film.” Louis pitched. You sighed. “Okay.” you agreed. Liam smiled. So did Eleanor and Danielle. Zayn squeezed you tightly. “It’s just a film babe. You’ll be alright.” he comforted you. “But still.” you said shyly and quiet enough so only he could hear. Zayn smirked and kissed your forehead. “If you get scared, I’ll protect you.” he assured you. You looked up in his eyes. “I love you.” you said. “I love you too.” he smiled back. The others must’ve been listening cause you heard an “Awwww.” coming from Liam and Harry.

     Everyone wanted to watch “Nightmare on Elm Street.” You snuggled closer into Zayn's chest. “It’s okay love. I got you.” he whispered in your ear. You looked around at the others. Eleanor was snuggling with Louis, so was Danielle with Liam. Harry and Niall’s eyes were glued to the screen. Zayn was flinching a little bit throughout the whole movie. He tried to look brave.

     Once it was over Harry turned to you and said “That wasn’t that bad right love?” You knew he was pretty scared of it too. He was just acting tough. You nodded while getting your face out of Zayn’s chest. He chuckled. Niall yawned. “Well I think it’s time for bed.” Liam said while checking his watch. “I agree.” Niall said while stretching. Everyone got up and exchanged their goodnights. Zayn kissed your nose. “You alright staying with the girls?” he asked. You looked over at them and they smiled. You nodded. “I’m fine.” He smiled back at you. He pulled you in for another hug. “Now, if you need anything, my room is directly across from yours so you can come in and stay with me if you'd like.” he offered. “Thank you.” you replied. He kissed your cheek once more. “I love you.” he whispered. “I love you too.” you whispered back. Then he trotted off to his bedroom behind the others.

     “Come on love.” Eleanor said as her and Danielle walked over beside you. The three of you went upstairs and into your room. You changed into your sleep wear and turned off the light. “Goodnight ladies.” Danielle said while tucking herself into bed. “Goodnight.” you and Eleanor responded at the same time. Her and Danielle fell asleep straight away. However, you didn't. You laid were awake for hours. You couldn't sleep. It was now 2:00 am and you were still up. You remembered what Zayn had said to you before you went to bed. But you decided not to bother him since waking him up is a hassle. You quietly got up out of bed, careful enough not to wake the girls. You opened the door slowly and crept down the stairs and into the kitchen. You needed a glass of water. Right as you shut off the water, you heard footsteps coming your way. You were expecting Zayn but no. It was Niall.

     “Oh hello.” he said a bit startled. You jumped a little as well. “Oh hi.” you said softly. “What are you doing up?” he wondered. You felt embarrassed. Then you shrugged. “Couldn’t sleep?” he asked while getting himself a glass of water. You nodded. He nodded back. “Me neither.” he replied while taking a seat on the couch. You didn't move. All you did was look at him. Then he patted the seat down next to him. “Come." he said. "Sit." You took a sip of water and followed Niall's instructions. Niall set his glass on the table and looked at you. “So, do you like it here so far?” he asked. You put your glass on the table as well. “Yeah.” you said to him. “I really like it here. You guys are so nice!” Niall smirked. “Good. We want you to feel comfortable here.” he said. You smiled at him. There were a few moments of silence. “Umm.. Anyways.” he continued. He took his water from the table. “You could stay with me tonight if you’d like.” Niall offered. You were shocked and didn’t answer. “I mean, only if you want to.” he quickly added in so it wouldn’t sound weird. You thought for a moment.