Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

After a year, his older brother finally came back and mother Ye’s preparations were quite grand.

Ye Zhou was lying in bed and flipping through the book. Occasionally, he could hear the voice of mother Ye excitedly calling various relatives. Ye Zhou put down the book, walked to the door, and quietly pulled the door open. Mother Ye’s voice became clear immediately.

“Right, it’s this Wednesday when Little Heng will be back. I booked a room at the Fujin Hotel for noon . Everyone will be gathered there…Ye Zhou, he came back. He’s still the same old…”

Ye Zhou closed the door, not wanting to hear his mother’s contemptuous tone when talking about him.

After reading the book for a while, mother Ye opened the door and said, “I’m going out. You call for takeout in the evening. Study well. You should know that the hardship you suffer is in order for you to become a better person.”

Ye Zhou impatiently replied, “I know.”

Maybe because her mood was good, mother Ye actually didn’t mind his tone.

When he heard the sound of the living room door closing, Ye Zhou placed the book on his face. Reading the book for a morning, his head was dizzy. His hand groped toward the pillow and he took his cell phone and got up. The book on his face slipped on the the edge of the bed and fell to the ground with a thump in the quiet bedroom.

Ye Zhou glanced at the textbook on the ground. He didn’t hate learning, but the frame of mind when taking the initiative to study and being forced to study weren’t the same.

Looking at the time, Ye Zhou picked up the book and set it aside. He took out his cell phone and sent a message to his high school friend, Shang Ming.

Ye Zhou: What are you doing?

The weather on National Day was very good, sunny and cloudless and, except for the bustling crowd on the streets, was the best time to go out and play.

“You’re really not going?”

Shang Jin turned his back to the people in the doorway and said, “You should go quickly. I’m staying in the hotel and not going anywhere else.”

“This child has no energy at all.”

“Big brother isn’t going with us?”

“Yeah, forget it. Shang…he doesn’t like being around crowds. Don’t force him.”

The voices drifted away until they disappeared. Shang Jin turned his head and looked at the empty hotel suite. He turned to the side and continued to close his eyes to nap.

Ding ding.

Shang Jin frowned slightly. With a trace of displeasure from being disturbed, he opened his eyes and tapped open the text message.

Ye Zhou: What are you doing?

It couldn’t be said that this text wasn’t surprising.

Prior to this term, Shang Jin’s impression of Ye Zhou was that, aside from him, he was the only student who had a stable performance, whether it was in academic performance or in various competitions. Shang Jin took first place, Ye Zhou took second place, and third place often changed among the classmates.