Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

“Ye Zhou, you’re really not going with us to pick up your brother?” Mother Ye had a glorious appearance today. Her face was painted with exquisite makeup that could rarely be seen in a lifetime. The clothes on her body were also bought in the mall two days ago. Before going out, she had also finished straightening out the collar in the mirror.

Father Ye was also not to be outdone: his shoes were polished brightly and he took off his usual comfortable jacket and wore a suit that was ironed until there wasn’t a single wrinkle. “Then in a while, take a taxi to the Fujin Hotel.”

Ye Zhou gave a half-hearted response. After the two people had left, Ye Zhou ran to their home window and waited for a moment, watching them drive out of the neighborhood. He immediately turned back to his bedroom and packed up the few luggage. Following their steps, he left home.

On the bus, Ye Zhou once again verified that there was a one-way ticket to A City still remaining. Once he got off the bus, he walked toward the ticket window.

Returning from his arduous struggle to grab the ticket, Ye Zhou had changed to the train at 10 o’clock this morning.

As he was sitting in the waiting room, he always felt like he had forgotten something. However, he opened his bag and flipped through it once. He was sure that he’d brought everything. Then what the hell was it?

It wasn’t until he got on the train and noticed that the girl in the neighboring seat was carrying a transparent bag showing their famous preserved fruit specialty that he remembered.

He actually forgot to bring the specialty product for his roommates!

Usually, boys didn’t like this kind of small snacks,  but miraculously, the people in their dorm all said it was delicious. D City’s preserved fruit not only retained the fruit’s fragrance, but it was also not too sweet and not too sour. Even their dorm’s Zhou Wendao, who never liked to eat snacks, was also taken captive. With the things in his hometown being recognized, Ye Zhou was very proud and didn’t think it was too troublesome to bring back a big bag every time he went home.

But this time…because things were too abrupt, he was inattentive and forgot.

The train slowly started. Ye Zhou estimated the time and guessed that his parents should be at the hotel greeting the guests. He dialed the phone and called them.

Sure enough, the other end of the phone was a little noisy. Mother Ye unhappily said, “Where are you? Why haven’t you come yet?”

“Mom, I’m sorry. I remembered wrong before. The ticket I bought was for this morning. I wanted to change the date, but the tickets after tomorrow are all sold out…” As if echoing Ye Zhou’s words, the train issued out a long whistle. Needless to say, Mother Ye also knew where Ye Zhou was now.

“You say, can you do anything properly? Dropping the ball at the critical moment,” Mother Ye said with displeasure. “Forget it, forget it. Ai, elder sister come over here, come sit in the private room…”

With that incoherent sound, Mother Ye hung up the phone.

Ye Zhou looked at the black screen and breathed a sigh of relief.

On the last two days of the holiday, the students came back to school one after another, except for those in Ye Zhou’s dorm room.