Chapter Seven: Quiet Niall

The photoshoot had ended. Time to go home. You all were inside the flat once again. You were really hoping that Niall wanted to finish your conversation you had earlier. But he didn’t say anything. “Anything new I should know about?” Harry came over to the couch and questioned you. You shook your head. “No. Unfortunately, not.” He sighed. You were watching Friends with Harry when Zayn came over to you. “_____, may I speak with you in the kitchen please?” he asked happily. “Umm.. Okay.” you answered as you followed him. You went inside to see Liam and Danielle snogging. “Ew. Please, get a room.” Zayn accused them as you both walked in on them. “Oh hush up.” Liam defended as he stopped kissing Dani. Danielle looked slightly embarassed. You shot her a wink that made her smile. They exited the kitchen leaving you and Zayn alone. “So love.” Zayn started off saying as he faced towards you. “I was wondering if maybe this weekend you and I could escape for a few days.” he started saying. You were puzzled. “Huh?” you asked. Zayn laughed at himself.

     “What I mean is, I wanted to know if you wanted to go on a mini vacation with me. We could spend this weekend together in the city. Just the two of us. I can book us a hotel and we can have some more quality time like we used to. Just like old times.” he explained. “Zayn, I’d love that!” you exclaimed. He smiled. “I knew you’d like the idea.” he said. You couldn’t stop smiling. “So you and I could be together. Just the two of us.” he said quietly as he moved closer towards you. He wrapped his arms around your waist and kissed your cheek. You grabbed hold onto his neck and hugged him for as long as possible. “I love you.” you told him. “I love you too.” he answered. It was one of those moments where you didn’t want to let go of him. You’ve been away for too long. “You don’t understand how hard it was when you left.” you whispered. He let go of you and looked concerned. He took a seat. So did you. “In what way?” he wondered. You sighed. “It was just hard. I couldn’t sleep at night, had a hard time eating, wouldn’t speak.” you said. His eyes widened. “Oh my God. No. No, please tell me you didn’t do anything awful again. Please.” he begged. You saw tears forming in his eyes. You regretted saying anything. He grabbed hold of your wrists, turned them face up and looked at them. He then took a deep breath to sooth himself. You knew exactly why he did this.

     Flashback Back in Bradford when you guys were about fifteen something awful happened. There was this kid in school that used to pick on you everyday. He’d tell you you’re worthless, a piece of trash, that you were ugly and fat, that no one liked you and you were better off dead. He’d even have the nerve to push you sometimes or even kick and punch you. You went home one day and did something horrible. After all the pain and suffering, you just couldn't take it anymore. It was nothing major. It was a slight cut upon both wrists. Zayn knew how much that kid bothered you. He’d often stand up to him. Luckily, he never got hurt. You walked to school the next day. Zayn always used to hold your hand. But this time you didn’t let him. Once he grabbed for your hand, you pulled away. “What’s wrong babe?” he asked. You didn’t respond. "Nothing.." you said meekly. He cocked his eyebrows. “Give me your hand.” he said sternly while sticking his hand out for you to grab. “No.” you said sharply. He looked upset and even a bit hurt. "Please..." he begged you. You gave in and brushed your hand against his. He grabbed your hand within his. You were hoping he wouldn't notice anything. But he did. Zayn stopped in his tracks once you felt his fingertips on your wrist. "What the-?" Zayn stopped himself from cussing. He stopped walking, grabbed your hand and flipped them around so your wrists were facing up. “Zayn!” you shouted in order to get him off of you. He saw the scars. He didn’t say anything. At first he looked like he was about to bawl his eyes out. But he didn’t. "Wha-Wha...." Zayn attempted speaking. You felt tears behind your eyes. You tried holding back, you were ashamed. "What are these?!" Zayn screamed loudly. You couldn't answer. You felt a lump in your throat which prevented you from speaking. "_____, what are these?!" he repeated himself in a louder tone. You didn't answer. You couldn't. "Who the f*** did this to you?!" he continued yelling. You didn't respond. "Who?!" he screamed. You saw veins popping out of his neck fom him straining his voice. "Who di-" he was about to yell again. He stopped himself. You looked in his eyes. He knew exactly who done it. You saw anger filling his eyes. He dropped your hands and ran to school as fast as he could. You chased after him. “Zayn stop!” you kept yelling the way there. He wouldn’t listen. Sure enough, Zayn went right up to the kid and shoved him against a brick wall in front of the school doors. “Zayn!” you called out again, sobbing. He drew a crowd in a short matter of time. “What the f*** is wrong with you?! Who the hell do you think you are?! Treating _____ like crap! Telling her that she’s ugly, worthless and fat! She’s freaking beautiful and you got to have some serious problems if you don’t think the same! Do you understand what on earth you are doing to her?! You don’t know what she’s been going through and you have no right treating her like s***! I swear if you ever bother her again you'll be f****** sorry!” Zayn shouted all up in his face while holding him against the wall. His hands were on his throat. He looked like he was about to choke him to death. “Zayn! Let go right now!” you screamed before things really got out of hand. He finally let go. The boy gasped for air as he ran away without saying anything to Zayn. “Wait!” Zayn shouted after him. He stopped and turned around slowly, afraid. Zayn went right up to his face. “If you ever touch _____ ever again. Ever put a hand on her ever again. I’ll assure you that I will kill you.” he said seriously. He nodded and took off. Everyone was looking at Zayn. Zayn turned around to look at you. He just started crying and ran away back home. He didn't even go to school. He cried for days.