Chapter Eight: Time to Speak Up

You woke up the next morning to hear Zayn’s beautiful voice. “I’ll be here by your side. No more fear. No more crying. But if you walk away I know I’ll fade cause there is nobody else…” he sang. You lifted your eyes to meet his. You loved Zayn’s eyes. “Goodmorning beautiful.” he said. “Morning Zayn.” He kissed your forehead. “Is everyone up?” you asked. Zayn nodded. “Come on, let’s go downstairs.” he said as he jumped off his bed. You followed him. Zayn scooped you up into his arms, bridal style. “Ahhh! Zayn!” you laughed. He carried you all the way downstairs to the kitchen where everyone was snacking on some fruit. “Oh, goodmorning you two!” Liam cheered. Zayn put you down onto the cold floor. “Morning.” he replied. Liam tossed you an apple. “Thanks.” you said. Liam smiled then nodded. You took a look at Niall who had his head down. “Morning Niall.” you said softly. He lifted his head. “Morning.” he said very gently. You could barely hear him. Harry quickly looked at you. “Alrighty then, I booked us a private course for eight from 12:00 to 4:00.” Louis said. “Four hours of go karting?” Harry asked. Louis nodded. “Of course! It’s not only go karting. It’s other stuff too. Like… Eating…” he said. “Make that seven.” Niall spoke up. Everyone’s heads’ turned towards him. That was the first time he spoke since yesterday. “What?” Zayn asked as he took a seat beside Liam. You sat down next to him. “I’m not going.” he said. “What?!” everyone in the room said at once. Niall jumped. “I'm sorry! I just don’t feel too good.” he lied. You could see right through him. “Come on Niall.” Danielle said. “Please, come.” Liam asked. He shook his head no.

     “Alright. We’re not going to make you go if you don’t want to.” Harry said. You didn’t like his attitude. If he needed to say something then just do it already. It was already 10:30. “Come on guys, we have kind of a long drive to the place so let’s all get ready.” Liam announced. Everyone got up off their seats and scattered. Besides Niall. You stopped for a moment. “You sure you don’t want to come?” you asked him. He looked up again. He said nothing. Just nodded. You sighed then followed everyone else up the stairs. You walked into your room. “Niall’s not feeling too well huh?” Eleanor questioned as she got out some clothes. You and Dani shrugged. Everyone knew he was lying. You headed into the bathroom. You were just about to open the door when someone grabbed you forcefully. “Ouch!” you said. It was Harry. “Please, don’t be upset that Niall isn’t coming.” he begged. You rolled your eyes. “Niall should know that he can come and talk to me. There's really nothing to be afraid of.” you said. “He doesn’t know how to express himself just yet. What did I tell you last night? He has mixed emotions and needs to settle them straight.” he answered. You rolled your eyes again. “Just don’t be mad at him.” he requested. You nodded. “Okay.” Harry sighed. You turned around then headed into the bathroom.

     Within about forty minutes, everyone was ready and downstairs. “Everyone ready?” Liam asked as he double checked his watch. Zayn put an arm around you. “You ready babe?” he asked. You nodded. Louis turned around to see Niall on the couch. “Niall, last call!” he shouted. He waved you guys on. “Go, have fun.” he said. Everyone exchanged some looks and sighed. “Alright.” Eleanor said quietly. “Come on lads.” Liam said as he steped out the door with Danielle. You all hopped into the van. Harry sat next to you. “Remember what I asked you.” he whispered in your ear. “Don’t be mad at him.” you said to yourself. Instead of saying it out loud you playfully punched him. He smiled. So did you. You couldn’t help but think about Niall the whole car ride. You were there within an hour. “Here we go!” Zayn said as he hopped out of the veichle followed by everyone else. Liam put his arm around you. “How you doing there champ?” he asked.

      “Very well. Thank you. How about yourself?” you asked back. “Just dandy.” he said with a smile. Once inside Louis went to the counter. “Tomlinson.” he said to the lady at the front. “Tomlinson? Right this way.” she said as she guided all of you to a closed court. An instuctor came over to explain everything that you needed to know about driving a go kart. Beng careful, using breaks, turning, etc. After a couple times of practicing around the court you noticed something different. You were attracting a crowd of teenage girls. Girls were standing outside the track barricades with their cameras, phones, some were giggling or even cheering names. “Are you all ready to race?” the instructor asked. You all looked at eachother and nodded. “Game on!” Louis said. “Alright then, you’ll all need a partner. But since there’s an odd number of you, one of you will have to be by yourself.” “I call Eleanor!” Louis shouted. “I call Danielle!” Liam followed. “I got _____!” Zayn added as he grabbed you. “Hey!” Harry said. “Sorry lad.” Louis apologized. “Is it alright if you’re by yourself?” the instructor asked. Harry nodded. “I guess.” he answered back.