Chapter 34

Chapter 34:

After Ye Heng spoke to Ye Zhou in the evening, he was very understanding and no longer “harassed” him. On the contrary, it made Ye Zhou a bit uneasy, not knowing whether he should be disappointed or relieved.

The next day after lunch, Ye Zhou didn’t go back to his bedroom. Instead, he sat in the living room and absentmindedly browsed through the magazine in his hand. Because Ye Heng was home, Mother Ye turned a blind eye to him “not attending to his duties” like this.

Soon after, it was time for Ye Heng to depart. Ye Heng only came back for a day and didn’t bring any luggage. However, the Ye family still didn’t mind the trouble and insisted on sending him to the airport.

Since he’d promised Ye Heng, Ye Zhou no longer declined their invitation and followed them out of the house, making the Ye family’s parents completely astonished.

Listening to Mother Ye exhort Ye Heng along the way, Ye Zhou looked at the scenery out the window and couldn’t understand why Ye Heng wanted him to send him off.

At the airport, Father Ye began to nag Ye Heng. Ye Zhou stood to one side and suddenly had some sympathy for Ye Heng. It also wasn’t easy to be the treasure in their parents’ hands.

Ye Heng lifted up his wrist and, looking at the time, said, “Then I’ll go first. You take care of yourself at home. Don’t be too strict with Zhou Zhou. He’s an adult, and he can make his own decisions on a lot of things.”

Ye Zhou, who’d always been standing behind them, saw that Ye Heng was about to turn away and stopped him. “Brother, take care of yourself too.” This was the greatest concern that Ye Zhou could express right now.

Ye Heng was very pleasantly surprised. He walked in front of him a few steps, touched his hair and whispered behind their parents, “My work may be transferred to A City at this time next year. When I come to A City, take me to see your campus.”

Ye Zhou nodded and said, “Okay.”

Ye Heng forcefully rubbed Ye Zhou’s head before reluctantly withdrawing his hand. “Then I’m gone.”

Also not knowing whether Ye Heng’s words worked or not, after Ye Zhou returned home, Mother Ye didn’t tell him to read books and such. But Ye Zhou also knew that this was temporary. It wouldn’t take three days for things to revert back to the old ways.

The day before Lunar New Year’s Eve, most of the final grades came out.

Ye Zhou saw the news in the class group and couldn’t wait to log on the campus website to check it out.

On the other side, Shang Jin, wearing headphones, was playing in an instance. Suddenly, his clothes was yanked down.

“Big brother, candy.” The three-year-old little loli, Shang Youyou, had a candy in her hand and insisted on putting it in Shang Jin’s hand.

Shang Jin thought that Shang Youyou wanted to eat it but couldn’t open it. Then, he took the candy and opened the wrapper, putting the candy in front of Shang Youyou’s mouth.

Having the big brother she liked feed her candy, Shang Youyou immediately forgot that her original intention was to give her favorite candy to her big brother, opened her mouth and put the candy inside. Because she moved too fast, her mouth accidentally touched Shang Jin’s fingers.