Chapter 36

Chapter 36:

Some things, it was fine when it wasn’t remembered, but when it’s remembered, they’d always feel very apologetic for not doing a little something.

The attendant smiled politely and said, “Hello, the total is 106. Would it be bank card or cash?”

“Wait.” Ye Zhou pointed to the cake the woman had just taken away and said, “Is there still that kind of cake?”

“Sorry, for each cake model, we only make one for display. The lady just bought our window display product and we don’t hold inventory on hand. How about you look at the other models?”

The remaining three cakes were a tiramisu, a Matcha mousse, and a cartoon cake for children. Except for the two strawberries on the cartoon cake, there were no strawberries on the other two cakes.

“Can you help make me another strawberry cake like the one just now?”

The cashier said with difficulty, “Our cakes are booked in advance.”

“I can add more money.” Ye Zhou placed his hands together and begged, “Can you help make a request for me?”

Unable to resist the handsome guy’s attack, the cashier blushed and let her colleague ask the manager.

The manager agreed, but he had to wait until 11:30 before he could start working on it.

Ye Zhou looked at the time and said, “Okay, when it’s finished, give me a call. I’ll be around the neighborhood.” Ye Zhou paid the money, put his receipt in his pocket, and put together the sweets he’d chosen in the shop.

The cake was only for eating, so Ye Zhou didn’t count as a birthday present at all.

In the following period, Ye Zhou strolled to a nearby shopping mall and wondered what gift he should choose to give to Shang Jin. Shang Jin seemed like someone who didn’t lack for anything. Gifting things to use or toys, he felt that Shang Jin would throw them in the corner to collect dust. It was a pity that he didn’t play games, otherwise, he could directly buy equipment in game and send it to him. How good would that be, and it’d also be something he’d usually use.

Unconsciously, he walked into an alley. Ye Zhou saw an old woman pushing a small cart with a lot of plants in black plastic pots.

Spring had arrived, and many people began to grow balcony vegetables.

Ye Zhou took a cursory glance and only recognized the pepper seedlings.

Maybe Ye Zhou had been staring at the things on the cart all along, so the old lady asked, “What little seedlings would you like to look at?”

Ye Zhou crouched down. He was no stranger to plants. Whether it was from books, videos, or in person, he’d seen them everywhere. But to really look at a young seedling grow up, sprout leaves, flower and bear fruit at the end, he’d never had this kind of experience before.

Plants weren’t like animals that would call when happy and howl when unwell, and one must also put in a lot of effort, needing even more care than animals. When sick, animals can be sent to the pet hospital and handed over to the doctor. When a plant had any problem, it relied on the owner to check the cause of the disease and care for its growth.