Chapter Thirty Three [A Family That Stays Together]

A L I J A H

I cleared my throat and slowly opened the bathroom door trying to take deep breaths. Jesse was still standing in the shower with it running and it was going on four hours. I didn't know what to say to get him out he'd just look straight ahead like I wasn't there or talking to him and it scared me the way he just shut down, he even refused to touch Ajani.

"Jesse?" I called again but this time he seemed to get annoyed. He turned the shower off and grabbed his towel pushing passed me and walked into the bathroom. I turned on the fan in the bathroom to clear out the steam before following him into our bedroom.

"I know your hurting and I'm upset to, I loved Justin but you can't just shut down. Remember when we talked about therapy? After talking to my mom I finally stopped being lazy and made the appointment for this Wednesday" I said standing behind him watching him get dressed.

"Fuck therapy ain't shit to be gained from that. You either strong or you ain't" he said coldly and I shook my head knowing he was only talking out of anger.

"Well I use to go when I was younger and it helped me out a lot" I tried to reason and he chuckled to himself looking over his shoulder.

"Gyal you still fucked up and insecure, you think that's suppose to make me want to go?" He asked and I chewed my lower lip wanting to punch him in the face.

"You being upset about your brother gives you no reason to disrespect me Jesse, I'm just trying to help you and not ignore your in obvious pain" I said raising my voice watching as he pulled on a shirt.

"You know what's fucked up? I could of been there and helped them but I couldn't help him because I'm sitting here trying to make your insecure ass happy. He obviously felt alone and I let him down. You still got all your family you good but you'll still find a reason to cry and complain about something and I don't give a fuck anymore. Fuck all of this" he yelled knocking candles and a glasses on to the floor in the bedroom.

I took a step towards the door as he looked at me with anger. Grabbing the door I closed him in there bumping into Moriah and Elias who stood their pushing me to the side.

"You got left I got right" Elias shrugged and my eyes widened and I grabbed him and Moriah before they could go inside.

"Stop he didn't mean it I don't need you trying to fight him he's hurting!" I snapped clawing at them trying to bring them into the living room.

"That don't justify him talking to you like you ain't shit can't stomp him out alone so we'll stop his ass out together watch" Moriah said pulling his gym shorts up some as he sat on the couch squeezing a stress ball.

Giving Elias a look he threw his hands up and joined him on the couch. There was so much tension in this house and even my baby could feel it I had to get away.

Walking into Ajani's nursery I packed her bag for the day before placing her in her car seat. Hearing my bedroom door open and Jesse stood there holding a bottle of Captain Morgan and brought it to his lips drinking it like it was water.

"I'm going to spend time with my father. Sincere is with my mother" I said quietly strapping Ajani in her car seat.

"Which one?" He questioned coldly and I turned and stared at him returning his gaze. Clenching my jaw I took a deep breath.

"Silas" I answered turning back around watching him bring the bottle back to his lips.

It'd been two days since Jesse and Elias found Justin and after seeing Justin's mother turn up screaming and crying threatening to kill herself to be with her son it hurt a lot.