Chapter 37

There were only three casualties on the side of Konoha and 9 on the side of Suna. Above 90% of the attackers were caught and detained, while the others were already sent back. Suna had apologized for attacking saying that they had been played by Orochimaru who was disguised as the Kazekage and deeply apologized.

Most of the Suna shinobi had returned, except the injured ones, who were now back to health. 

Gaara and the siblings had stayed because Gaara had slept for four days straight, and as he woke up, he hugged Temari and started crying as he was experiencing overwhelming emotions, the voice in his head was gone, and the constant pain he felt as Shukaku tried to escape was no more. Adding the fact that he found that his mother loved him and was still protecting him and that his siblings cared for him, he was totally flooded with foreign feelings, resulting in him venting out by crying.

Temari was now feeling like a true big sister as she pampered Gaara.

"How is he?" asked Naruto as he came in.

"He woke up, cried, and went to sleep," said Temari as Kankuro was just sitting, watching this.

"Well, figures. Anyone would be overwhelmed by something like this," said Naruto.

"We will return today, after he wakes up. Thank you for helping him," said Temari.

"No problem. He is a jinchuriki like me and I feel like they are a  part of my family," said Naruto.

"I can't believe Orochimaru fooled us into attacking you guys," said Temari sadly.

"It's all right. It's Orochimaru we are talking about," said Naruto.

"By the way when did you wake up?" asked KAnkuro.

"Just a little while ago," said Naruto. Due to being chakra exhausted, he fainted right after releasing the jutsu. After he woke up, he was told by an Ambu that his presence was needed by the council.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto and Sasuke made their way to training ground 7, three hours late as they knew how late Kakashi would be. When they reached there, they saw Sakura standing there, irritated, and Kakashi, who was reading Icha Icha.

Naruto looked at Sasuke, as he made a Rasengan.

"Kaboom?" he asked, raising the hand with Rasengan.

"Kaboom," said Sasuke as he raised the hand with Chidori.

They went behind them, and then yelled Rasengan and Chidori at the same time, and as they clashed, a large explosion occurred, startling them both.

"WHAT THE FUCK GUYS!" yelled Sakura.

"Well, let's go see off the Iwa team, after which we have to go to the council meeting for god knows what," said Naruto.

They then walked towards the gates of Konoha, where they saw the band of Iwa shinobi ready for departure.

"Come visit us at Iwa," Kurotsuchi said, and Han nodded.

"Han, stay safe, I don't want you to die on me," said Naruto.

"Don't worry, I will do everything I can to keep him safe," said Onoki. In the hospital, he and Naruto had a nice chat about Jinchuriki and Akatsuki.

"Bye," said Itori and Kotaru, as they went away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It turned out, that the council was called for promotion.

"For exceptional display of skills, and contribution to the safety of Konoha during the attack, Shino Aburame, and Sasuke Uchiha is promoted to chunin," said Hiruzen as the council clapped.

"For the display of great skills, tactical mind, and for their contribution in the safety of Konoha during the attack, Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze and Shikamaru Nara are promoted to special Jonin," said Hiruzen, surprising both Naruto and Shikamaru.

The claps heard for them were even louder than before. And previously, Naruto had felt that the glares directed towards him were almost close to 0, and the people now held respect and admiration after they heard how he dealt with the Suna Jinchuriki and the three Kage. Adding the fact that he was the son of the fourth, people actually felt sorry for how they treated him.

"Now, as per law that as soon as a person becomes chunin, he can take place as a clan head in the council, I hereby declare Sasuke Uchiha as the Uchiha clan head and Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze as the Uzumaki clan head," said Hiruzen, much to the surprise of the said ninja.

Now other people please leave, as we have things to discuss and the said ninja please take your seat as the clan heads," said Hiruzen.

"So the first thing to be discussed is our relationship with Suna," said Hiruzen.

"I say that we break the alliance with them," said a civilian.

"Hokage sama, with all due respect, I disagree. Greater men like the ex-councilmen Danzo have been fooled by Orochimaru," said Naruto.

"And he killed and took place of the Kazekage, so we can't blame Suna for the attack," said Sasuke.

"That does not mean that we did not suffer damage," said another civilian.

"But this also does not mean it was their fault. It was Orochimaru's fault and only he should pay for it, not Suna. Also, we have been getting an increasing number of missions from the wind lord, resulting in an economic crisis in Suna," said Shikaku Nara.

"I agree. We do not have a deficiency of missions, so I suggest that we revert some of the missions back to Suna," said a civilian.

"I agree," said Sasuke.

"I also agree," said Naruto.

"And as for the property damage, we can charge them with it. That's the least and all they can do," said Shikaku.

"Alright. Then it's settled," said Hiruzen.

"Next matter, I am retiring, and I want to name Tsunade Senju my successor," said Hiruzen, and everyone was in shock.

"But Hokage sama, she isn't even in the village," said a civilian.

"I will be sending Jiraiya and Naruto in order to find her," said Hiruzen.

"Me?" asked Naruto.

"She is your godmother," said Hiruzen.

"Okay..."

"All those who agree please raise your hand," said Hiruzen, and the hand of the majority of the people went up.

"Now, is there anything the shinobi council needs to discuss?" asked Hiruzen, and Sasuke's hand went up.

"Very well. I already had a matter to be discussed with you. Civilian council please clear up," said Hiruzen, and a few moments later, the civilians had cleared up.

"So Uchiha Sasuke, I wanted to discuss the fate of the multiple Sharingan recovered from Danzo, including the Mangekyou you gave the medical team to check and sanitize," said Hiruzen.

"I want the other Sharingan eyes to be destroyed, while I implant Shishui nii's eyes to be transplanted in mine. It would give me eternal Mangekyou Sharingan for one eye. As for the one that is removed, I want it to..."