Chapter Eleven- Sadness and anxiety.

~Blaze Kane's point of view~

~Two weeks later~

I'm sitting at work. It's Monday. There isn't a lot going on today. My mind had wandered to my wife. She's incredible. I have missed out on something magical for so long. Echo is where I am supposed to be. Every touch, every kiss, every intimate moment is more explosive than the one before her. Her voice that used to make me cringe now sends chills bumps all over my body.

I have to be at work before her, but she still gets up with me. This morning I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She is right at four months pregnant. She has a baby bump already; she's sexy as hell with it. She's sexy without it. I've been sitting here with a hard-on thinking about her. She's incredible.

I still kick myself for treating her like I did. I'm thankful she doesn't bring it up. I don't either. I do live with the guilt from it. If I had spoken up that night at the club, Chad wouldn't have happened. On the flip side of that, she wouldn't have her baby. I wouldn't wish that on her. She wants that child.

I am excited about it too. She has her appointment next week, and I am excited to go with her. I have already asked for the time off through HR. I told them my wife was pregnant. They didn't question anything but why she wasn't on my insurance. I explained to them she had better at her job.

I have worked for this company for a long time. It's always been Spencer and me. We did everything together, and neither of us has really taken any vacation. We banked. This year if we don't use any, we lose some. You can only bank so much.

I took the week for my parents' party, and I plan on taking two to three weeks when she has the baby. I want to spend time with my family. That also has me thinking about other things. She and I are going to need our own place before the baby comes. We have room right now, but it would be crowded. I also want to start a life of our own. I send her a text.

~Text conversation~

Blaze Kane: "Hey Babe."

Echo: "Hey :}."

Blaze Kane: "Are you busy?"

Echo: "Not really. What's up?"

Blaze Kane: "I would like to discuss something with you when we get home tonight."

Echo: "Ok."

~End conversation~

I know her mind is immediately going to go to something is wrong. I go about my day. Spencer and I worked on a small project. That was all we had. I was sitting at my desk looking at houses when my phone rang; it was my mom.

~Phone Conversation~

Blaze Kane: "Hey, Mom. How are you?"

I hear her sniff, and I knew.

Blaze Kane: "We will be right there."

~End conversation~

I go get spencer, and we leave. I call Rick on the way. Spencer drove.

~Phone conversation~

Rick: "What's up, Blaze Kane?"

Blaze Kane: "Did you drive your SUV today?"

Rick: "I did; why?"

Blaze Kane: "Dad died. We all need to go home; we can all just go together."

Rick: "I'll gather the girls and have them waiting in my office. Jade is here too. She stopped by unannounced."

Blaze Kane: "Perfect. We will tell them there; then we can head to their place."

Rick: "Sounds like a plan."