Run

[Third]

"Run! We're under attack!"

"The princess's water will help us! Hurry!"

The people could only run as terror was wrecking havoc behind them. Meanwhile, a princess with a pale face filled  that had nervous sweat and a pure look of mortification on her face was watching all the terror being struck upon her citizens. Lolopechka was terrified to her core as she saw four of her strongest guardians being defeated with the exception of Gadjah. Noelle and Mimosa were by her side, slightly behind her as they reassured that they sent Luck out. They needed her to focus so they could win with defending the kingdom. Although, the look on their faces didn't help much.

"Tee hee hee... you're one the the strongest spirit guardians, hon? What a let down, I guess I can't blame you. Afterall, I'm one of Vanica's favs, the Great Svenkin, a dark disciple with devil power at 50 percent. And now... time to take out the trash."

"Eee- Eeeek!"

A sharp flash of light made it seem as though the mother and her child had been moved but it was Luck. He used thunderbold magic to disrupt the opponent but it didn't do much since the opponent could change the properties of his body. Blood spilt from Luck's head as he licked his lips, a look of craze on his face. The opponent started laughing maniacally, holding his belly as he insulted Luck, telling him it would be wise to high tail it out of here, he was determined for Vanica.

"That's a pretty lame reason to hurt people." Luck said.

"Well, why are you putting your life on the line for some strangers, hmm? You look pretty beat up over there."

Luck wondered the same thing once but the question was held to another person, (M/N). It felt confusing to be met with a soft smile in the morning and head pats for breakfast. They didn't know each other when (M/N) joined yet he was kind.  He thought of Asta too who would help people regardless of their situation, in order to become the Magic Emperor.

Meanwhile, (M/N) loved to stay hidden away and help quietly, bringing fruits for children and growing flowers for them. He missed that love, he wants it back.

"Why do I help people? It's a bit selfish but seeing people happy makes me happy."

That's what (M/N) replied with, looking away with embarrassment.

"In that case, I'll do what I want and protect them because I'm a magic knight."

During the days where Asta brought Luck and Magna to train, they had magic explained to them in depth by Gadjah. It was there that he learnt how well he could use his own specialty of Lightning Magic. Now he could finally use Runes to put his magic to good use. Luck used his speed to kick constantly and slash at the opponent even if the other yelled that it was useless. It was there that Luck used a finishing move after the opponent toughened up his armour.

"Thanks! It was fun!" Luck smiled.

———
On the other side, another battle was taking place where Leopold was struggling to fight, not even his teacher won. However through his endurance, he managed to slowly cast the beginning of a circle that would become the base for a much stronger blast of fire power. It was massive and even the people admired it while the enemy cried out from the searing pain of burning. He had won his fight.

———

Charmy was angry. All she wanted to do was eat with the people she loved, so it was reasonable she was pissed at the bitch who beat up her teacher. It didn't help that this person mocked her, calling her fat and ugly for eating. She was mad when he said he never wanted to look at her. Despite being wrapped in hair, her food magic was reinforced, breaking through with the wolf standing behind her. Through reinforcing her magic, it became "Cook".

The bitch lost miserably as they became grub while Charmy was triumphant.

"True beauty and strength comes from proper meals!"

Charmy remembers waking (M/N) up in the middle of the night to beg for a snack which he would never scold her for. She would wait patiently in his arms as he carried her sleepily, making a quick snack. He would always smile tiredly but never yell.

"Food's delicious, you need food to grow up right so eat as much as you want. I'll try my best to keep up, alright?"

"Thank you~ I love you mommy!"

"Love you too."

———
Gadjah looked down in disdain at the dark disciple he defeated but he noticed something weird, they were regenerating. They were in one hell of a ride. He could only hope the princess was safe. All members got back up but Luck, Charmy and Leopold looked just as determined to keep fighting back. Mimosa and Noelle casted their magic before charging in to fight Vanica.

"You're going down!"

"Are you sure~? Now that's a bold statement."

——

A/N: Uh hi :) I'm alive, that last chapter title really did become a reality huh? I think most of the problems I was dealing with this book(questionable people) have gone away. Thank you if you're still here. Feel free to remind me to update.

Question: Do you guys like (M/N)?

Ghost hug :)
👻