Chapter thirty-nine: Oopsie-Daisy

2

"Oopsie-Daisy!"

Maisy giggled to herself, she had just picked up a new expression from Minnie Mouse herself, and it had to be a new favorite.

Of course, some of her favorites change quite often. Such as her favorite pair of pajamas, her favorite food, her favorite sibling, and her favorite shows.

She bent down and picked up Eric's phone that he left in her room. That butthead.

Technically, he did leave it on purpose. He left her in control with the Spotify playlist he made for her. The Moana soundtrack plus some random songs she likes to dance to.

They shut her door and went downstairs to have some sort of serious adult discussion again. Something Maisy was quite tired of hearing.

"Turn around, bright eyes!"

Maisy did a dramatic little twirl and pointed at her stuffed animal who had sparkly eyes as if the song was about him.

"TURN AROUN' BWIGHT EYES!"

Maisy had learned most of the words to the classic song, earning some chuckles whenever she would start singing it.

"Hey Mais, could you sing a little quieter please? We're trying to talk about something right now." Beau peaked his head in the door and smiled at her, loving her larger than life personality.

Maisy sighed, she missed the best part in the song when Beau walked in. "I suppose I can do that Beauy."

Beau smiled at her and then shut the door again, hoping to muffle their serious talk.

•.                                         •.                                   •.

Cassidy picked up one of the envelopes, before discovering her name written on the flap. "Seriously, what are these?"

Miles looked at Beau, he didn't know how to explain it.

"Miles and I found these underneath the table last night. Eric?"

Eric looked up and at Beau, who was somehow staying very calm and level about the discussion considering these were obviously under there for a while. "Care to explain why your envelope was already opened?"

Cassidy looked at him with a confused expression, Beau and Miles already opened theirs, but Cassidy didn't.

Sawyer raised her eyebrow but stayed out of it, this seems pretty personal and as a girlfriend it didn't feel right to butt in.

"Because it's one thing if yours was already opened, but why do the others have our names on them?"

Eric didn't have any excuses, and told them that Eloise gave the envelopes to him, and after seeing the contents of his he hid them underneath the table.

Beau started to get frustrated about it, all of them were. "Eric, did you happen to see what was in mine?"

He sounded angry so Eric only shook his head, no back talk or sarcasm. "This."

Beau held up a post it note with Eloises number, but it was attached to an invite. And not just any invite, the one for Darlenes funeral.

"You didn't think this was worth giving me?" Beau set it down in the dining room table and slid it over to Eric as he read it.

"I didn't know-" Instead of Beau scolding him, it was Cassidy.

"Do you not realize how selfish that was? We had a right to see these." For as little patience they could have sometimes, they seemed to be pretty calm.