vices ☹ afi

[dedicated to arcticpeters for the lovely cover and being rad, as well as acidgrvnge and horizonharry for being idols and friends bless x]

"I like you like I like cigarettes and mountain dew, they're bad for me and you are too."

she could count the reasons why she loved him on one hand
but the amount of times he lied only by numbering the stars in the sky

☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹

"You fucking lied to me.", the heat rose in Vivian's cheeks as she ran her fingers through tangled hair frustrated with herself for believing, but more so for being stupid enough to not notice it all before.

"No, I-"

"You never loved me," a bitter chuckle slipped out red smeared lips as the shorter girl came to face him. "I wasn't the only girl, I wasn't your first time, I wasn't anything to you was I?" He opened his mouth to speak, but just as his lips formed around words, the air went stale and his face fell. Slinging her bag over boney shoulder, the violet haired girl stepped into her vans quickly, not bothering to retie the laces. "That's what I thought."

"I need you.", he blocked her path, his hands traveling up her sides, the warmth of his touch sending shivers down her spine, but not the good kind, if anything she felt dirty.

"You're a goddamn parasite, Ashton. You just suck, and steal, and rip, and claw until there's nothing left. Find another host, you fucking cancer.", shoving her shoulder into his, she makes a b-line to the door. He doesn't bother stopping her.

The door slams.

His bare feet padding againist the wood floors, the curly haired boy falls back onto the black leather couch carelessly, a grin spreading across his lips as he fiddled with the watch she had gifted him for 'Happy Anniversery' the day before.

"She'll be back, she always will."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n

yooo fronds im back with another story bc im a whore when it comes to ideas but fuck it im excited

i was listing to trouble by halsey (my wife, life, goddess, ect.) on repeat a few days ago and it kinda came to me that doing a fanfic like this, where the boy is a manipulator and the two are in an abusive/unhealthy relationship, would be an interesting task to tackle and i plan on doing so from both a feminist-be-your-own-hero approach and through addressing the importance that we raise awareness of these kinds of relationships.

often victim blaming goes on (i've seen it multiple times in the comment sections where abuse is entailed) and it's really ignorant for people to be like, "why doesnt she just leave him?" or "is she crazy". Abuse really damages someone, makes you fear not only fear your abuser but the idea of people finding out and the embarassment; i feel like in this fic i want to entail that LEAVING IS HARD BUT WORTH IT.

on a happier note i hit 500 followers wth im a thumb, ily guys so much and owe you all a huge hug sooooo here *hugs the fûck outta ya*

also special mention to LukeBbe , birminghamuke , muketapes , ,horribIe , LukeMeAtSix , satired , tidalpool , mclahey , hemnesia , AintThatDevine , APOLLOSHARP , spookyblack , breakfastclxb , -daddyirwin , dulect , boy-division , ashtoniwrins , centuxies , cIifford- , lousers- , tomlin-fox , royalmukes , Haylsey , raybanned , lukeshemmos , outerwebs , falloutirwin , behavioral , zaynkillers , batandsupes , stockholmalik , stockholmzouis , and others for being insanely supportive i appreciate every single one of you x

anyone i mentioned check out pls theyre all such amazing people and writers!

-ali