𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈: Off to the Races

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

OFF TO THE RACES

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"WE'VE GOT TWENTY-FIVE rifles with twenty rounds each, five or take. Roughly five-hundred rounds of ammo. While you three were gone, we made some improvements. Thanks to Raven, the gully is mined."

Raven gives a vague, irritated nod. "Partially mined. Thanks to Murphy."

Five of them are gathered around a small metal table on the first level of the dropship; Bellamy, Wells, Clarke, Finn, Raven. Oh. Wait ━━ and Lyra. That makes six.

Placed neatly across the table are bits of scrap metal that have been fashioned into pieces. It's a sort of war-board that Lyra set up, a map of the camp and the soon-to-be battlefield. Pipes from the dropship's insides are used to set up the almost hexagonal wall, small brassy connectors used to show display the Gunners. There's a small smattering of scraps in the west woods, where the gully is mined. But the east side of the table is painfully empty. It's their most vulnerable flank.

"Still. It's the main route in," says Bellamy, arms braided across his chest as he observes the pieces on the game-board. "If the Grounders use it, we'll know. She also built grenades."

Reaching into a tin, he flashes them a small, silvery cylinder.

Clarke bites the inside of her cheek. "It's not many."

"Again, thank you, Murphy," drawls Raven, slumped in the corner. There's a rusty red rag pressed to her chest.

"We'll make them count," Bellamy assures them. "If the Grounders make it through the front gate, guns and grenades should force them back."

"And then?" Clarke asks.

Raven answers. "Then we close the door and pray."

"And pray what? That the ship keeps them out? Because it won't."

"She's right," Lyra speaks up, already regretting her decision when everyone looks at her. She doesn't like this, feeling like people are depending on her. "The walls might be built to withstand heat of the atmosphere, but they've taken a lot of damage since we launched. Not to mention the hole on the third level... "