Chapter 35: The Engagement

Luna's POV

What? I remove my hand from, hers.

She did what?

No!! She can't do that, my Mom can't do this, being in relationship with someone is a different thing, and marrying someone and replacing my Dad is different.

"What?", Finally something comes out from my mouth.

"Luna, my baby listen", she puts her hand on mine, and her new diamond ring, touches my hand. And I jerk her hand away.

"Don't touch me!!", I snap, and I stand up, on my feet. My brain is still processing the fact that, my  mother is  engaged.

"Luna, please just try to listen to me", she begs.

"No! No!", I yell. I can't take this anymore.

"Luna", she tries to come closer to me.

"Don't you dare, to come close to me", tears start to roll down from my eyes,"I had decided to mend my relationship with you, I agreed  to have lunch with you, so that I can try to rebuild our relationship, but you had some other plans",

"Luna, nothing need to be change between us, just because I am engaged to Robert, you are my daughter, and you will always be my daughter", she tries to explain.

"Daughter? You have never thought about me, never!, you are saying nothing will change between us, Mom there is nothing between us to change, our relationship is ruined, and whatever that was left you ruined it yourself", I am feeling like, my own mother has betrayed me.

"Please tell me Luna, how my engagement with Robert, ruined our relationship?", She asks. She must be kidding me, to ask this question.

"You are replacing my Dad, with Robert, and you are asking me, how this engagement ruined our relationship?", I know my mother was cold, but I didn't know that she is selfish also, she didn't even ask me before saying yes to Robert.

"Luna I am not replacing your Dad", she tries to explain.

I don't want to hear anything that she wants to say, so I turn to leave towards my room, and at that exact movement, the servant whom I sent to bring Romeo and Juliet to painting, brings the painting. And I snatch the painting from his hands, and while crying I break it, with my own bare hands.

"Luna!! What are you doing", Mom tries to stop me. Everything that I wanted to mend, is now ruined, so there is, no stopping now.

Cole's POV

I ring the bell of Luna's house, and wait desperately for someone to open the door. What would have happened?, Grace called me, and told me, to come as fast as possible. As Luna needs me badly. So I did as she asked, I came rushing to Luna's house.

"Mr. Cole", Grace finally opens the door.

"What happened Grace?, Is Luna hurt or something?", Without greeting Grace. I start to shoot my questions at her, which were making me, restless this whole time.

"She is not physically hurt, but she is emotionally hurt", she tells me, and I  step inside the house.

"Who did this?", I gasp as I see, the Romeo and Juliet painting, torn into pieces.

"Miss Luna",

"What?, But she wanted to give this painting to her Mom, as a olive branch",

"What?, She wanted to give this painting as Oliver branch to Miss Alison?",  Grace looks at the painting.

"Yes",

"I didn't know that, she must have been, very hurt, when she heard the news",

"What news?", My heart is now ponding, out of anxiety. And Grace have steel not told me, what happened to Luna?, Why she is emotionally hurt?.

"Miss Allison is engaged to Mr. Robert", 

"What?", I ask her in shock.

Oh, No!! Luna wanted to mend her relationship with her mother, but instead she got this shocking news.

"How did she take this news?", I ask, but I think I already know, the answer of this question.

"Not well",

"And where is Mrs. Brown",

"She is not at home, most of the time, whenever she has a fight with Miss Luna, she leaves the house", she tells me.

"And where is Luna?",

"She has locked her self in her room, and she is not opening her door, so I called you, in hope that she will listen to you", will she?, Will Luna listen to me?, If she listens also and opens the door, do I even know what to say to her, to calm her down. I may not know the answers of all this questions, but I know one thing, Luna needs me now, and I will be there for her.

Author's Note
I hope you all liked today's chapter. Stay tuned for new chapter till next
Wednesday. And don't forget to vote and comment.
With Lots of Love XX