A friend indeed. Or three

⚠️Disclaimer:⚠️ This story has been written by me and has not been copied, plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original, originating from my mind

Artemis

"I seriously think we should shower and change into cleaner clothes before we meet Dimitri. I know I said let's go meet him now so we could go for a run, but now I'm having second thoughts. I mean we are not members of Crimson Blood Pack yet, we can't mindlink with anyone, not even Bria and Lana since they've joined this pack. No one will be able to understand us," I said to Caroline as we stopped in front of Anita's cottage for a minute.

"But change into what? You were supposed to go shopping with Bria, Lana and Everice today, but didn't we have no clothes to change into," Caroline objected.
"Let's go look for Everice, she can lend us some clothes for now and maybe tomorrow we'll go shopping," I said practically.
"Who are you and what have you done with Artemis?" Caroline asked teasingly.

"She learned to trust and hence is a new person. You were right Caroline, all I have to do was trust our mate," I said softly.
"I'm so happy you did, Dimitri is our second chance mate. We need to accept the fact that Marcus and Vlad  rejected us and we belong to Dimitri and Roman now," Caroline stated.
"I already accepted the rejection, although it may hurt me whenever I think about it. I've learnt to put it at the back of my mind. Marcus and Vlad took us for granted, that is their loss," I said.

"Okay enough talking about those two, we should never rent a space in our heads for unworthy tenants. Let's look for Everice and see if she has any clothes to lend you until tomorrow," Caroline said as she began sniffing the ground to locate Everice's scent.
Once she had caught the scent, chocolate and hazelnut, she turned and bounded in the direction it came from strongest.

We eventually made it to the  packhouse and to our luck Everice was just coming out with a basket of fruit. Caroline had stepped directly in front of her and she stepped and dropped the fruit basket with an exclamation of surprise.
"Who are you?! I've never seen you in Crimson Blood before, if you're a rouge, you'd better get out of here fast before my brother sees you!" she said as she backed up against the wall.

"Well of course she would think we're a rouge. She's never seen us before in our wolf form," I said slapping my hand against my face in annoyance.
Just as I was about to shift into my human form, Bria and Lana came walking up the path.
"When Anita gets Caroline back with Artemis, we'll all go shopping," Bria said.
Then they caught sight of me and stopped walking, they stared at Caroline and their mouths dropped open.

"Caroline? I thought Artemis sent you to Gaura Pustiirii, how are you here?" Lana exclaimed delightedly as she rushed up and  dropped on the floor and stroked Caroline on her head.
"Wait what? Caroline? So that is Artemis and Caroline in front of me?! and I didn't even realize it how stupid I am," Everice said.
"I think she wants to shift into her human form, let me just go grab some clothes from my wardrobe I'll be right down," Bria started to say.

Then Caroline grabbed Bria by her jacket sleeve and pulled her back. She stopped and looked back at Caroline a questioning look in her eyes.
"What's the matter Caroline? I thought Artemis wanted to shift,"
Caroline then stood up on her hind legs and took her paw and made a showering motion.

"Oh right, how could I miss that? Artemis isn't a member of Crimson Blood Pack that's why she can't mindlink with any one of us how could I not see that?" Bria said laughing.
"Maybe because your mind is filled up with Alessandro and you rolling under the sheets," Lana said smugly.

"Zitto, come osi dire una cosa del genere ad alta voce? Rotolando sotto le lenzuola, cosa ne pensi di me ?!"
(Shut up, how dare you say such a thing out loud? Rolling under the sheets, what do you think of me?!)
Bria said, mortified.
"Oh sei imbarazzato caro cugino?"
(Oh are you embarrassed dear cousin?)

"Ladies, ladies please! I can't handle the constant sentences in Italian, I'm Russian for Goddess sake!" Everice complained.
"Now you know how it feels when we first came here and all we would hear is Russian speaking," Bria said snickering.
"Caroline do something, I'm hungry and dirty please get them moving!" I said irritatedly.

Caroline nodded and barked loudly at Bria, Lana and Everice and growled even louder. Bria and Lana stopped laughing and so did Everice.
"I think Artemis is getting irritable," Lana murmured.
"I'll say, let's get her inside. She can shift, shower and change and then we'll go look for Dimitri," Bria said as she hurried inside with Lana and Everice following.

To my surprise Everice pulled out a large sweater from a flower pot and held it up in front of me.
"Where in heck did you get that from?" Lana asked raising her eyebrows.
"This is just some emergency clothes for when I sneak out of the packhouse on those rare occasions don't judge me," Everice said rolling her eyes.

"Close your eyes she isn't all that comfortable with people seeing her nudity," Bria said respectfully.
So they closed their eyes and I shifted quicker than a person could say Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. I shifted and put on the sweater and shook my hair out of the nasty bun allowing my auburn curls to fall down my back.

"You guys can look now," I said pulling the sweater down as much as possible.
"Okay, Lana go make some sandwiches, Everice get Artemis in the shower and I'll grab some clothes from my wardrobe," Bria delegated efficiently.
"Shouldn't Anita know that she got Caroline back? She may be looking for her," Everice spoke up as she took my hand and led me upstairs.

"I'll tell her when Artemis is in the shower," Bria promised.
So Everice and I went upstairs to the Alpha's Chambers, Lana organised some sandwiches and Bria went to get some clothes to lend me for when I showered.
"Where's Dimitri? He left to attend some business a while ago and didn't come back," I said to Everice when I had stepped into the shower in Dimitri's room.

"I'm not too sure, he has lots of work to do these days, he's stubborn as hell and never lets Todd do much in pack business. Macho Alpha genes I guess," she said rolling her eyes.
"Yeah I've met Todd, he's...a very peculiar individual," I said as I  lathered some shower gel on my skin. "Are you close with him?"
"Oh we're okay I guess," I heard her hesitate a bit and wondered why. Did I say something wrong?

I finished showering in silence. Once I was done Bria was back with the clothes. I wrapped up in a towel and took the clothes into the bathroom and changed. The pink and blue knee length sundress, white sneakers and black belt looked great on me. Bria, I was pleasantly surprised to know, hadn't dulled as far as her fashion senses were concerned.

I ran my fingers through my hair and let it fall in its natural waves. I figured Dimitri would love to see it like that. Most men did. By the time I came out of the bathroom, Lana was back with a platter of lamb kebab sandwiches, a plate of brownies and a beaker of lemonade.
"We'll eat quickly and then we'll go look for Anita. She may be with Dimitri and his parents," Lana said as she placed the platter on the kitchen table.

So the four of us went into the kitchen and sat down and began to munch on the delicious food while chatting. We made jokes, teased each other and even managed to get Bria to admit she purchased a new set of lingerie online for Alessandro. She was blushing and hiding her face when we were through torturing her.

I laughed with the girls until my sides ached. It felt nice to relax for once, to not have any worrying problems lurk at the front of my mind, to laugh and to enjoy the company of my friends. I could totally get used to being Dimitri's mate. I mean why would I ever want to be anywhere else?