13.

000d, 00h, 00m, 00s

Straightening the creases of the white dress that hugged my body tightly, I took one last deep breath before raising my hand to knock on the door of my family's apartment.

I was in the middle of convincing myself that somehow, tonight wouldn't be a complete disaster when the fake smile plastered across my face fell at once.

My eyes widened as I heard shuffling behind the door, darting over to Esmond next to me, who was completely oblivious to the fact his name would be Harry Parker tonight.

"Your name is Harry," I hissed, leaning towards him with my eyes still focused on the door— voices and approaching footsteps audible now.

"What?"

"Harry— Harry Parker. That's your name tonight—" I mumbled, voice lowered now to make sure whoever was about to open that door wouldn't hear me.

"No, it's not," He hissed back, leaning towards me as well, though his gaze was burning into the side of my face, instead. "Why would it—"

"—Because you didn't tell me your bloody name when we first met, did you? So, I had to improvise—" My eyes darted over to him for only a moment, sending him a glare to make sure he'd listen. Though, the door opening cut me off in my sentence. I straightened my back and placed a smile on my lips to match my mother's.

Lowly, I could hear Esmond huff in amusement next to me, but I'm sure my mother didn't even notice as she threw her arms around him in a manner a little too welcoming.

I scrunched up my nose at the sight, face contorting into a grimace in embarrassment before she took a step back, and my face relaxed slightly.

To my surprise, Esmond was sporting a polite smile before he extended his hand to her for a more formal greeting. Gratefully, with excitement gracing her features, she took it. I smiled at the gesture.

"Esmond Terran," He grinned proudly, and my smile fell as my mother threw me a caution glance.

Closing my eyes to take a deep breath and collect myself, her mouth already opened to say something when I cut her off swiftly.

"His second name—" I all but stuttered, trying my best not to completely forget her presence and strangle him right here and now. This wasn't the first time I thought of that today. "Harry is his second name," I repeated myself, voice stern now before I sent him a look that made sure he wouldn't try again. "I just preferred Harry." — the made-up version of Esmond Terran I told all my friends about.

My mother shook her head, sending me a warning look. "Now, now," She tutted. "Don't be rude, Amidelle. Come on in." She stepped out of the doorway back into the apartment, turning around to lead the way into the living room.

Following her through the corridor, Esmond leaned towards me, his hot breath tickling my ear. "I did tell you I was going to make you suffer tonight," He whispered proudly, straightening his posture immediately after.

Though I knew what he meant, I couldn't help my mind going a completely different direction; flooding my head with images I definitely didn't want or need in there. The colour rising into my cheeks was a given.

"First of all, stop saying that," I bit back, lowering my gaze and hoping my hair was enough to cover up my red cheeks. By the low laugh erupting next to me, I wasn't so sure if it did.

"Oh," He hummed, in recognition of the way his words sounded as if that wasn't the whole point of the wording in the first place. "You don't like the implications of that, Amidelle?"

Making sure no one else heard him, his voice had lowered drastically; it was no more of a raspy whisper at this point as his head turned to his right to look down at me. Teeth caught in his bottom lip only for a moment before a smirk spread across them.

We stood in the living room before I could reply, and I was almost certain I was glad we did.

Both Eniola and Aiden got up from the couch they were sat on to greet him immediately, my sister taking her sweet time to follow their lead but doing so eventually.

"It is so nice to finally meet you," Eniola beamed brightly, though I didn't miss the way her eyes took in his frame to scan for any kind of sign he, for some reason, wasn't suitable.

I didn't think she'd find those flaws by taking in his appearance. He had to open his mouth for that, and they'd practically leap towards her.

"Esmond," He introduced himself once more, and I had to make sure the mental groan I made wouldn't accidentally slip past my lips. He sent me a quick glance, a wide grin on his face again as he watched Eniola and Aiden exchange a quick look with each other.

"Esmond?" She asked, confusion lacing her voice for obvious reason as she raised her brows at me.

"Esmond Harry Parker Terran," I quickly corrected, cringing at the way the name sounded. "His parents have a thing for... awfully long names." After a moment of silence, I forced a laugh out of my mouth, and Aiden's lips twitched into a small smile as well.

If I had to guess, it was a pity smile. But it would do.

"What can I say... they really do," Esmond shrugged, getting rid of the tension in the air with a smile that looked almost genuine.

"Ah, well—" Aiden huffed. "Nice to meet you, mate," He gave him a pat on the shoulder, to which he only nodded. "This is Eniola, my fiancée—" He pointed towards my best friend, the latter extending her hand to shake his with a smile. "And I'm Aiden."

His hand on Esmond's shoulder, he led him towards the couch without another word to us, laughing as soon as they turned before introducing him to my sister.

Aiden had always been more of a social butterfly compared to both Eniola and me. So I hardly minded— appreciated it, even.

"Esmond Harry Parker Terran?" She asked as soon as they were gone, an amused grin gracing her features as she shook her head in amusement.

Head snapping in her direction, I nodded as if it was the most common name.

"Parents, am I right?" I muttered, trying to laugh it off as I scratched the back of my neck, my eyes avoiding hers almost automatically.

"I guess so," She said with a smile, her own eyes darting back and forth between Esmond and me with a grin.

Before she could question anything else, I pulled her towards the couch to join the rest of the group. 

I've been waiting to post this YUP

Domestic!Esmond LOL how fun

Also, are there any things in particular you'd like to see in this book? If so, let me know!!!

I hope you enjoyed. <3