Chapter 55 - Dark conspiracy

Iron Man knew about the Avengers project, but even he didn't know who the exact members were. And now that Coulson had brought information about the first generation of Avengers to him, he took it seriously.

Before today, he knew that he was not the only special person in the world, and that there were other superheroes out there besides him. Despite that however, he hadn't bothered to gather detailed information on them.

Naturally, S.H.I.E.L.D. couldn't ignore their existence like Iron Man had, so they had this type of information, and they had it in spares.

"Coulson, you go back first. I'm going to do my homework on the superheroes tonight, but I'll be there on time tomorrow." Glimpsing at the information, Iron Man said without even blinking.

"Okay, I'll report back to Director Fury." Coulson smiled and heaved a long sigh of relief, before making eye contact with Bruce and signaling that they would leave this play now.

Bruce looked back at Iron Man for one last time, then turned away and directly left. He needed to find a way to accumulate energy value quickly, after all the Super brain and the Mark 7 Armor were far too important to him.

In fact, that's the only thing he could focus on right now. If he somehow managed to get his hands on Iron Man's Super brain, mastering abilities would become way faster and his thought process would become way more efficient.

After all, Iron Man was definitely a genius, and despite the extremely high amount of energy value required to obtain his Super brain, It was worth every penny.

His brain had accumulated a lot of knowledge about physics and other areas of study related to technology. If Bruce owned such a brain, he would be the best in the world when It came to inventing and learning.

Iron Man's nickname, 'The top scientific genius in the Marvel Universe,' was not just for show, and instead he more than lived up to Its name. Bruce would even go as far as to say that to some extent, Iron Man's Super brain ability was more powerful than the infinity stones.

That was Bruce's ultimate goal he had made as soon as he met Iron Man. Moreover the Mark Armor was definitely a powerful ability as well as equipment, and a lot of people wanted to get their hands on one of those.

It was the most modern technology to date, and It was a unique technology made by Iron Man that almost no one could copy. That alone was another reason as to why Iron Man was so powerful.

However as long as Bruce downloaded it, then It would belong to Bruce. As for the lost energy, because he had the warehouse function, Bruce could replenish It at any time.

It was much more useful than the Arc Reactor on Iron Man's chest. Besides that, once the Mark Armor was damaged, as long as he had enough time he could restore It to It's peak condition with the warehouse function.

I need to hurry up.

Bruce had a lot of wishes, but almost all of them required the use of energy value. At this point Bruce had already decided that he had to do something to find a way to obtain energy value quickly. It had become Bruce's primary goal.

At this time, Bruce already had a vague plan of what to do in his head.

Soon afterwards, Bruce and Coulson walked out of the Stark Industries building and got in their car.

"Let's go pick up the Captain." Coulson looked back at Bruce with a smile on his face. He had decided to let Bruce join his mission.

"Bruce, we have a secret base, and It's gonna blow your mind when you see it." Coulson said mysteriously, but Bruce just smiled in response.

"We will see Captain America soon, are you nervous?"

Hearing this, Coulson smiled in embarrassment. In fact, he was indeed very nervous, as in his mind, Captain America was a hero among heroes, as well as his inspiration!

Soon, the two appeared in the Avengers base.

Captain America had been waiting for them for a long time, where as Director Fury had already left. They greeted each other first, and since the Captain knew Bruce well, they didn't say too much.

After that, they boarded the Quinjet together. This was the S.H.I.E.L.D. 's newest warplane, and whether It be It's speed or technology, It was all the best the world could offer.

On the plane, they met another old acquaintance. And surprisingly, It was the Black Window herself.

After seeing Bruce on the plane, Black Widow was also a little surprised. After all, the last time she saw Bruce, he was still a level 5 agent. But while she was at the base, she also heard a lot of things about Bruce.

After greeting all of them, Black Widow sat down with a charming smile on her face and said: "Gentlemen, we're ready to go."

After that, she started the plane. And this time, their destination wasn't an Avengers base or a S.H.I.E.L.D. one.

Meanwhile, on the plane, Coulson was talking with the Captain.

"Hey Bruce."

Just as Bruce was beginning to think about his plans for the future, Coulson's voice came. His face was very serious. Bruce's eyes were still calm as he knew what Coulson was going to say next.

"Now since you have joined the mission, there are a lot of things that I can tell you."

Coulson took Bruce very seriously. Although Bruce was only a level 6 agent, he was one of Coulson's best and brightest agents. So after dragging Bruce into his mission, Coulson was ready to tell Bruce all about the Avengers' plan.

He started telling Bruce about Hawkeye, Captain America, Black Window, and even the person they recently met, Iron Man. Although Bruce had already known everything, he still needed to pretend to be shocked.

For ordinary people and even agents, this was indeed supposed to be an unimaginable thing.

"This is incredible," Bruce said with a stunned look on his face after hearing Coulson's words.

Coulson showed understanding towards Bruce's 'shock', and just patted Bruce's shoulder gently.

"In the future, you need to be more careful, because this event is beyond the confines of S.H.I.E.L.D. " Even though he knew that Bruce was very strong, in Coulson's mind, Bruce was just an ordinary agent.

And how could an ordinary person, or even agent, fight against those terrifying beings?!

That was why, S.H.I.E.L.D. would only be in charge of the logistics and support, where as the ones who would be fighting would be the Avengers themselves!

"Mr. Coulson, when Captain America and the Avengers go on a mission, can I join them? " Brce asked, as he suddenly remembered something very important.

If things went as they should, they would soon find Loki. And as long as they found Loki, he would get the opportunity to fight with Loki, which would subsequently get him the energy value he so desperately needed.

Although Loki may not be the most powerful superhero in the Marvel Universe, he still came from Asgard after all, so he had to be worth a lot of energy value.

Most importantly, he wanted to obtain a decent amount of energy value from Loki, but that was not the only reason he had. He also wanted to know if he could download any of Loki's abilities.

After all, while his primary objective at the moment was to obtain energy value, the grand goal was to become more powerful.