CHAPTER 35

Dinner was served as the courses were brought in one after another. 

The family along with Adelaide, aside from Maria who was visiting her friend Gilbert, were having a pleasant meal.

Lorenz was seated at the head of the table with Rosaline to his right and Adelaide seated next to her. Angelica and Clive were seated to his left side by side. With Chirpy laid down by Angelica's side.

Desserts were brought in and today's special was lemon sorbet. They started talking about the day's events when Rosaline brought up the topic of dating.

"Marquess Hermann was appointed as the Commander of the Royal Knights. He's well known for his righteousness" Rosaline said, taking a sip of wine.

"Young Lord Stein might succeed as the Archmage in a year or two. His accomplishments are off the charts'' continued Lorenz.

'I know where this is going' Angelica glanced at her mother and father.

"Since we're talking about it. Addie loves the prince" Angelica said, putting a spoon full of sorbet in her mouth.

"Pfft" Surprised, Adelaide spit out the juice she was drinking.

"Guess that means Clive's lost his chance" She continued, nudging Clive by the arm and sending him choking on the cherry he just had.

*cough* *cough*

"My goodness, are you alright Lady Norton?" Rosaline patted Adelaide's back trying to calm her down

"Clive! Angelica why would you surprise him to the extent of choking" Lorenz turned towards his children. 

One of them was choking grabbing his neck while the other was the cause of it.

"Relax! He's fine" said Angelica shrugging her hands. 

She gave his back a blow with her hand making the cherry stuck in his throat come out unharmed.

*cough* *cough*

Clive looked at his sister with eyes that screamed 'What did I ever do to you?'

"See. Totally fine!"

"I'm not fine" Clive rebuffed.

"You're fine. Now, where were we?"

Adelaide wiped the juice on her with a napkin and regained her composure. For the second time in a day, she regretted not throwing the sorbet at her friend's face. But she had to maintain her composure in front of the Count and Countess.

"I am NOT in love with the prince" Adelaide grunted, grabbing a fork with trembling hands.

"And I'm not going to date your brother. No offense Lord Clive"

"None taken. And I apologize on behalf of my sister Lady Norton" Veins started popping on Clive's forehead.

"And I am not interested in dating" Angelica declared, turning towards her parents. 

Rosaline and Clive flinched at her words.

"Your intentions are as clear as day. You can't talk me into a blind date"

It was not only today, Rosaline and Lorenz have been dropping hints all week that Angelica couldn't help but notice. It started with the topic of love and compassion and made a rocket launch towards eligible bachelors.

"I know you're all in on it" Angelica sighed. Now, it was Clive and Adelaide's turn to flinch under her gaze.

"Mom Dad I'm just seventeen. It's too early for that"

'Technically I'm thirty-eight. But physically I'm seventeen so I'm not wrong. It's too early for that kind of talk. And I've never been on a date before. Not even once in my twenty years as Kim Eunseo. It will disastrous if I go now.'

"Besides, didn't grandma get married like..........when she was thirty. So why the rush"

It was exactly because of this that the Ashford couple wanted to introduce someone to their daughter. She was taking after Maria more and more as the days went on.

Maria wouldn't have married if not for her late husband Reginald. Her granddaughter was not far off scaring away anyone that came to talk to her with romantic intentions. So they thought meeting someone would new change things.

It was the deep desire to see a grandchild that served as a cause for their childish actions. At the same time, it was hard to see their daughter leave for another man. 

So the Ashford couple planned on bringing in someone into the family so that Angelica would be with them forever. 

They had to keep it a secret from both Maria and their daughter since otherwise hell would break loose.

"An-An it's not like that. We just want you to be happy" Lorenz said taking his daughter's hand.

"Daddy I'm happy as I am now. I have the worlds best Mom and Dad, the coolest grandma, a wonderful brother, and an amazing best friend"

*woof*

"And a lovely wolf. What else do I need?" Angelica asked earnestly.

"It's not like never. Just not the right time yet" She continued, placing her hand on top of his,

"Besides I won't settle for anyone other than the most handsome man and you can't find him anywhere else"

Angelica got up and hugged Lorenz from behind.

"Because he's sitting right here" She smiled, planting a kiss on her father's cheek.

The family laughed as their conversations continued. 

It was another typical day for the Ashfords. Adelaide went back to the capital the next day. Life returned to normal as everyone went out on their norms.

But little did they know that it was calm before the storm.