eight.

DEMETRI AND JORDYN walk down the quiet and dim halls to the other side of the castle, they've been walking for a few minutes already

"Dem, where are we going? My feet hurt." Jordyn complains.

"We're almost there." Demetri tells her.

"Almost where?" Jordyn nags.

Demetri sighs, "You'll see."

Moments later they stop at a door, Demetri says goodbye before speeding away.

Jordyn nibbles on her bottom lip before knocking on the door. It opens only seconds later to reveal Caius in a white shirt stained with paint.

He looks down at her neck, the handprint is now purple and splotchy.

He looks back up, "Come in." He steps to the side so she can enter the room.

Her jaw almost drops once she sees it. There are paintings everywhere, the floor is hardwood and the walls are bright, completely opposite from everything else in the castle. There's a white couch sat in the middle of the room with splatters of paint everywhere on the cushions, in front of it is an easel with a blank canvas.

She studies the paintings that hang all around the room, some are of the Tuscany hills, the castle, some of his brothers, but one really catches her eye.

Its a portrait of a woman, she has almost white hair and alabaster skin with crimson eyes, she has a sharp jawline and a straight nose, all of her features are symmetrical. She looks like a goddess.

"That is one of my favorites." Caius is suddenly next to Jordyn, making her jump.

Jordyn clears her throat, "It's very well done."

"Thank you." Caius gives her a small smile.

Jordyn smiles back then turns to study the room, Caius gives the portrait one last look before following Jordyn.

"So, what is this?" She gestures at the whole room.

"My art studio." He answers.

"Right," she slowly nods and sits on the stained couch, "why am I here?"

Caius grabs another easel from a corner of the room and places it in front of Jordyn, "I though we could paint together." He shrugs and sits down.

"I can't paint." She shakes her head, her brown locks flowing with the movement.

"Try." He says, before grabbing two paint brushes and adding dots of paint to a pallet.

Jordyn watches as Caius dips his brush into a light green paint and begins his work.

She dips into a yellow and strokes the canvas gently with the brush.

***

JORDYN ADDS SOME more blue to the painting before setting the brush down, she smiles at her work. It is a sunset on the ocean, it doesn't look bad. She's proud of herself, until she looks over at Caius's painting.

"Oh, come on." She sighs and throws her head back.

Caius looks at her, "What?" He sounds amused.

"That." She points at his canvas. 

"I'm sorry?" He furrows his eyebrows, an amused smile rests on his lips.

"Are you bad at anything?" She asks.

He thinks for a second, "Not really no."

Jordyn laughs, "Of course not."

Caius studies her painting, taking in the colors.

"It's not bad." He tells her.

She lifts her head up and smiles at him, "Thanks, blondie."

He rolls his eyes at the nickname.

The clock hung up in his room plays a little tune, he looks at it noticing the time.

His crimson eyes widen and he quickly stands up.

"Where you going?" Jordyn questions.

"I have to be somewhere," He throws his cloak on before speeding to the door, but stops and turns around, "Demetri will be here to assist you back to your room, goodnight." At that he speeds down the hall.

Jordyn frowns and stands up, keeping her eyes on the doorway.

edited: 8/18/22