Chapter 25: This will be my villain origin story

Chapter 25|This will be my villain origin story

***

Okay, so it wasn't a brothel.

   It was just a really fancy decorated home. How boring.

   Following after Faust seemed to be a trek since I had a full blown breakdown in the foyer.

   I kicked off my shoes, out of habit and just sorta had a meltdown. It stemmed from the car, where my eye muscles must have spasmed out because I held back too much water, then when it all started pouring out I grew a little hot and flustered, the walls narrowing around me. I practically screeched when I thought I would get smushed flat, like a panini but then I opened my eyes and realised I was hallucinating. Then I felt my heart leap down to my feet when I didn't have a clue where Faust went and then I cried a little more becuase I caught sight of my feet and saw I was not wearing socks.

   Then when I did manage to find a room where there were people I gulped back another fresh round of tears and moved forward.

   The first person I saw was Aurora and she looked mildly horrified at the sight of me. Oh yes, I looked like a mess. I mean any sane person who saw me would look horrified at the sight of my watery red eyes, blotched cheeks and nose and the overall inconsistent outfit (I mean red and purple was a fashion disaster).

   "Heidi, are you okay?" She asked, carefully moving closer to me. The room had gone quiet.

I let out a nervous laugh. "Oh me? Yeah I'm fine. Just great. Superb actually. Totally 100% fine. How are you, are you okay? I didn't know you lived here. What a coincidence huh? What a small small world," I giggled again and I think I lost my sanity. This, this would be my villain origin story.

   "I'm good Heidi, how about we get you sat down," she said calmly, coming to put an arm around my shoulders gently. She eased me to her side and moved forward. "Let's get you some water,"

   "Yeah sure, water would be great,"

   Aurora looked hesitant to leave me alone whilst she contemplated going to get a cup of water. But then another recognizable face walked up to us by the black and gold kitchen island and placed a glass of water in front of me.

   "Fresh spring water, straight from Fiji," Nico grinned and my eyes widened.

   "Nico?"

   He grinned wider. "Heidi,"

   "What are you guys doing here?" I started, getting up from my seat, ignoring the yummy cup of fancy Fiji water. Aurora glanced worriedly at Nico. Whilst I glanced around the room, eyes landing on Faust who sat at the head of another long mahogany table, surrounded by men who all looked at me perplexed. Maybe it was because of my swagness.

   Then carefully low I whispered to them both. "Have you been kidnapped too?" They stayed silent. "Oh my god! Oh my giddy aunt! No, no way. We have to get out of here, ah crap, we need to get out of here right now,"

Nico looked concerned and put a palm against my forehead, I stepped back. "What are you doing? I told you I was fine," then I froze and they looked even more alarmed. "Are you guys fine? Did they hurt you?" I looked at Aurora, "Oh my gosh did they...touch you," she choked and I furrowed my brows. "I don't know if that was a yes,"

   "No, God no," she answered after taking a breath. "They would never - Heidi, you need to listen to me okay. I'm going to help you, we're going to help you," she looked pointedly at Nico who's frown shot up into a smile again as I glanced at him.