(9) Waves and Flames

Back with a new chapter!
Thank you all so much for all the support, this makes me really happy :D
As always, votes and feedback of any kind are appreciated. :)
For clarification: the characters Ben and Loris who appear in this chapter are not related to any content creator.
Enjoy!

It's been three days since Clay had arrived at the royal castle.

In this time his daily routine has changed completely- it was nothing similar to his life before.

Every day he would wake up with the other servants from section G at 5 am, according to his new watch, eat breakfast with them and then follow Darryl, who was the so called Representative Of Servants for section G, to work before they would return for a short lunch. After that the work continued until late at night and they could only go to bed when all the scheduled work for the day was done.

Darryl did his best to integrate Clay in every task and make sure he understood everything.

He noticed quite early that not every one of the servants was as nice as his ROS- some of them never even talked to him and if they did, it was something related to their work.

Two of the men he often worked with were Ben and Loris, they were both new aswell and he became friends with them really quickly.

Ben was a bit younger than him and had lived in a different Vilis village further from the castle. He also had a younger sister and had applied for the job as a servant as soon as he heard about it.

Loris has also applied to this job a few days before his 17th birthday- he told them about how he was on his way to the military when he finally got taken.

The boys who both had common blue eyes were fun to be around and made Clay's job way easier.

Darryl had told him that usually their work would consist of serving food and cleaning.

But now that the Queen's Competition was getting closer, their main task was to prepare all of the guest rooms perfectly for the noble Pretiosi family that would move in soon.

Section G was entirely responsible for the Pretiosi family with dark blue eyes and the ability to control water with their mind: Aquantura.

Clay winced slightly every time he thought about the Aquantura family member he had met in St. George's and how he nearly got drowned- nearly, if it hadn't been for Henry.

Henry, his myterious saviour with the red eyes he used to hide behind white goggles. After Darryl had told him that there was no Henry in the red-eyed Ignis family, Clay had gotten curious and tried to find out more about him.

He was entirely sure that Henry was a Pretiosi- his clothes aswell as his way of speaking had been too noble for a Vilis.

Also he had saved Clay from the man in St. George's who tried to drown him because he was a Vilis…- he would not have stopped just because another Vilis would have told him.

During a lot of thinking he came to the conclusion that there were only two options:

Either he was wrong about Henry's eye color- maybe the red flashing he had seen in Nick's hut had only been a sun reflection from his goggles and in reality Henry had a completely different eye color.

If this was the case, then it was helpless- the Pretiosi Empire was huge and Henry could be everywhere- Clay would never find him in this nation of color.

Or, the second and more exciting option, Henry really was a member of the Ignis family and had simply lied about his name.

This would go with the authority Clay had felt from the first second that he met Henry and also with the short wave of heat he felt when Henry had been angry at him in Nick's hut.