✮ 𝟎𝟏𝟔 ✮

marlene from sakaar

THE next memory did not change much in the view beside there only being two people in the room: Marlene and Peter Quill. She sat on his bed, eyeing his room warily as Peter went through a box on his desk.

"Where did you say the chip was?" Peter asked.

"He put it in my neck. The electric shock goes down my spine," she replied as she rubbed the back of her neck where it was. "You can get it out?"

"Yeah, yeah. It'll be metal of some sort," Peter said as he approached her, sitting a few inches away on the bed. He held up a device. "This has a magnetic resonance that'll help it come out easier. Less pain."

Marlene frowned as she read his thoughts. "You'll have to cut my skin open to get it out?"

Peter nodded, flipping the knife in his hand once to try and impress her. "Yeah. We should hurry up before Yondu comes by wanting his orb. What's in it, if you don't mind me asking?"

Marlene bit her lip. "Keep it from Yondu, won't you?" she asked, never having someone that was being so nice to her before. She knew she was being naive, trusting him too easily, but he got her off that planet. She owed her life to him. Peter nodded. "The stone I was created from. One of the Infinity Stones."

"You were created from a stone?" he asked. "No parents?"

"No... I guess not," she whispered, shrugging. "Can you get to it?" she asked, turning to face the wall. It was to where her back was facing him. She moved her braided white hair over her shoulder.

Peter chuckled awkwardly. "You might have to remove your shirt. Is that okay?"

"Oh," she said, furrowing her brows because she had watched the Grandmaster remove women's clothes before. She knew what that meant.

"Just to get the chip out. You can put it right back on, yeah?" Peter asked when he noticed her discomfort.

She nodded, pulling off her see-through shirt since she was made to wear uncomfortable clothing anyway. She jumped when Peter's cold hand touched her neck. "Yeah, I feel it. I'm going to make a small cut, all right? It'll sting."

"Okay," she responded, bracing herself. She flinched when the cool tip of the blade touched her neck. Grimacing, she felt him cut through her skin. "Ouch."

Peter chuckled. "Sorry. Almost done," he said. She heard a buzzing of a machine. Gasping, she felt the chip fly out of her skin. "Woo-hoo! All done. All right. Let me put a bandage."

She turned after he placed a bandage on her back, and he grinned at her. "Thank you."

"Yeah, totally. Let me get you a better... more comfortable outfit," he muttered, tearing his eyes away from her before they went lower. He gave her one of his shirts and a pair of pants from 'some girl he kicked out a few weeks ago.' "You never did tell me your name," Peter said suddenly, facing the wall as she changed.

She coughed slightly. "I'm done." He turned, his eyes brightening now that she looked comfortable in his clothing. "I... he called me the Galactic Savior. I d-don't have a real name, but—"

Peter ran forward, covering her mouth. She let out a muffled yell. "Holy shit. Okay. You don't say that in front of Yondu. He'll never let you leave," he whispered, his face close to hers. "Holy shit. I thought you were a myth. Created from a stone. Holy shit."

She pushed his wrist off. "I-I'm not a myth. The Grandmaster created me using that stone," she said, pointing to the orb sitting on the bed. "Why does he want it?"

"To sell it. I don't know to who," Peter responded, lifting his hand to tuck a loose strand of her white hair behind her ear. "Tell you what... pick a name."

"Pick one?" she asked with cufusion. "I-I don't think I know any good names."

Peter ran a hand through his hair. "Okay. How about I pick one? You just tell me what you like and don't like."

"Okay," Marlene said with a nod, sitting on the bed.

Peter sat next to her, pointing. "Veronica!"

"No."

"Okay, damn. Uh... Jolene?"

"No," Marlene said with a shake of her head. She was laughing at his face.

"You wasted not time denything that one. Kind of offended," Peter admitted, grinning when she laughed harder. He laughed a bit, and Marlene realized how much she liked his laugh. "I had a friend in Missouri. Her name was Marlene. She had cancer... lived in the hospital with my Mom," he said softly, eyes looking down.

"Marlene," she repeated. "Marlene," she said one more time before nodding. Reaching over, she grabbing his hand since she realized he was hurting when he thought of his mom. "I like it."

Peter's brows rose. "Yeah? I do, too. Let's forget the Galactic Savior shit. You are Marlene from Sakaar. Witchy powers from genetics... not this stone. Yondu will let you go if he knows who you really are."

Marlene smiled when Peter squeezed her hand once before letting go. The door opened, and Yondu walked in with a grimace. "The orb?" he said as he whistled for his arrow to hover next to him.

"Come on, Yondu. Let her rest. That funky planet didn't treat her right."

"And you think we will? The chance I get, I'm sending her somewhere else. This ain't a free show I got runnin', son!" Yondu and Peter continued to argue.

Marlene felt her anxiety rise, and she realized that she was conscious inside of her memory. Her breaths became ragged as Yondu yelled something to Peter about getting attached. She closed her eyes and whispered, "Tony. Tony, I need out. Tony, Bruce!"

"TONY!" she screamed, body flying up and awake as she almost fell off of the table. The wires around her pulled her back as tears leaked from her eyes. Her head felt as if someone was repeatedly poking it with needles. She felt her skin slick with sweat. She wanted out. Was she out? "Tony," she called as the man came into view. "It hurts."

"Too much for the first time," Tony said, his voice becoming softer at the end. "I got you, Elsa."

Bruce pulled off the wires and sensors as she held onto Tony's shirt. He rubbed her back awkwardly as she yelled, "My head. My head feels like it's splitting in half."

"Hey, hey. We're all right," Tony said, pulling her off of the uncomfortable chair and bringing her to the couch. He let her lean against him as Bruce walked over with a small light. "Look at Doc for a second."

Marlene turned her head, letting Bruce use the light to check her pupils. "Yeah. Just relax. The electric shocks leave a nasty effect. I'll grab you some painkillers. Do you remember everything you saw?"

Marlene nodded. "Yeah. Rebeet. The Grandmaster. Yondu. P-Peter Quill. He said Missouri. That's on Earth."

"We'll worry about him later," Tony said firmly. "Doc," he said, gesturing for him to get the painkillers.

Bruce walked back with a cup of water and two pills. Marlene swallowed all of the water easily, washing down the pills. "We can't do that too often. It'll screw up your brain if we do it more," Bruce said.

"It wasn't enough," Marlene panted out, moving away from Tony with a thankful smile. "I know how I was made. I know how I left Sakaar... how the stone left Sakaar. I need to know how I made it here. I need to know who wiped my memory. I need to know how I met Aaron."

"You need to hold off for a few days," Tony commanded. "We're not doing that again today. You need to rest. Okay, Elsa?"

Marlene gulped, nodding once.

"Good. I'll run scans on the Quill fellow, and I'll have Pepper make you something yummy to eat," Tony said with a clap of his hands. "Lay back down. Rest."