29

I felt like I was dying. Everything in my body hurt. I slowly opened my eyes and the light shined into my eyes. I quickly closed them. The door opened up and someone came in. They walked over to me.

"Glad to see your awake-"

"Shut up. Just shut up." I muttered, cutting the doctor off. He chuckles.

"You were always crabby whenever you woke up in the hospital a few days later." He mutters. "Can you open your eyes?"

"Turn the goddamn light off." I say, quietly. He nods and walks away. He comes back.

"It's off, Addison." I sigh and slowly open my eyes. My eyes adjusted to the dark. "Do you want the side lamp on?"

"Yeah." He nods and turns it on.

"Does anything hurt?" I don't say anything. "Addison, does anything hurt?"

"Things but I won't say."

"Addison, where does it all hurt?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Can I move?" He nods. I slowly sat up and pain erupted in my ribs. I quickly touch them and he raises an eyebrow. "Ribs."

"Okay." He grabs one of the pillows and puts it behind me. I slowly lean back and sigh. He did something but I didn't care. "Do you want your family in here?"

"Yeah." He was about to leave. "How's Adrian?" He stops and looks at me.

"He got released yesterday. He's fine. Sad and angry but it's normal. The other half of him was in a coma." I lowered my eyes. "He'll be glad that you're awake, Addison."

"Okay."He leaves the room and I sigh.

Me and Tom know each other by Ryan. He was my doctor because I chased the last one away. He was way too touchy. Tom took care of me whenever Ryan hit me, kicked me, punched me, etc. He also took care of me when we found out I was pregnant the second time.

I lean my head back and slowly close my eyes. I start to think and that thinking brings tears to my eyes. Then those tears start streaming down my face. I sigh and open my eyes. I swipe underneath my eyes, trying to wipe up all the tears. The door opened up and Dante came in with Adrian. They saw me up and I averted my eyes. Adrian had tears welling up in his eyes.

"Glad to see you finally up." Dante whispers. I furrow my eyebrows.

"How, um, what day is it?" I ask, quietly. They tensed up and I sigh.

"Tuesday." Adrian said, after a while. I slowly nod.

"Oh." I start playing with the blanket.

"Does anything hurt?" Dante asked.

"Tom gave me something for my ribs. How, um, how many are broken?" I ask, looking at him.

"3 while 2 are bruised." Adrian spoke. I slowly nod.

"Oh."

"How are you feeling?"

"Alright. My head hurts but it's slowly getting better." They nod. I tried moving my right arm but it hurt to move. I sigh and look at it. "My shoulder? What the hell man."

"Your shoulder got dislocated." Adrian says, looking at it. "What did you need?"

"Water. My throat is dry." I say, rubbing my throat with my left hand. He nods and pours me some water. He hands me the cup and I slowly grab it with my left hand. I took a sip and he raised an eyebrow. "How are my dog's? Fine? Scared? Worried?"

"They're fine, Addison. They miss you but they're fine." Darius says, coming in. "They wake us up in the middle of the night, howling." I smile.

"Those are my dogs." I mutter. I lean back and close my eyes. "So, when can I go home?"

"Not for a while." Darius says. I opened my eyes and stared at them.

"Why not? Adrian went home."

"Because I don't have any injuries, Addison." He says, quietly. "Do you remember what happened when we crashed?"

"Yeah. I looked at you and I had tears streaming down my face. Then I passed out." They looked at each other. My face drops. "I didn't pass out, did I?"

"You got shot, someone bruised and broke your ribs and more. You aren't going home for a while, Addison." Maxim says, coming in. I furrow my eyes.

"Someone shot me?" I ask, confused. He nods. "Oh fuck me."

"Who the hell did you piss off that did this to you?" Adrian asked. I ran a hand down my face and sigh.

"Do I have clothes here? I can't keep wearing this gown." I mutter, looking around.

"You're not getting up from this bed, Addison. Who the hell did you piss off?"

"I don't know. I just know one person and that was that girl I ran away from school but she wouldn't come at me considering Dante is in the mob and what not." I say, shrugging. All three of them tensed up. "I don't know who hates me so much."

"Back up a second." Darius says. I look at him and raise an eyebrow. "How did you know we were in the mob?"

"Didn't know. You just confirmed it. Dante your son is dumb. Now back to the important question, who fucking hates my guts?" I ask, curiously.

"I don't know, Addison. Start thinking." Maxim says, sitting down in a chair. I sigh.

"It was a girl." Adrian said, looking at me. I raise an eyebrow. "And a guy."

"Oh great. A fucking couple." I mutter.

Oo, who do you think it is? There's a lot of people who hate her guts.