A manticore kidnaps a demigoddess and jumps off a cliff

Third Person POV

Eight years since Jasmine joined the Hunt, seven years after Thalia turned down her first chance to join the hunt.

It was winter, and it was cold. Jasmine had never liked the cold, ironic since she used to live in Britain.

She was dressed in the winter uniform of the hunters; a silver parka, blue jeans, black combat boots, and a sturdy silver and green shirt somewhere in Maine.

They had learned a powerful monster was in Maine and was working to help Kronos. Jasmine scowled, her grandfather from her father's side sounded bad and needed to be stopped.

The hunt arrived at at a huge black castle that was actually a military school. Jasmine was a bit confused, where castles native to Europe only?

They had never really migrated to America. But oh well.

Dismissing the thought, she got her bow ready, the arrow appearing as she pulled back the strong and narrowed her eyes.

The monster was a manticore, and from what Jasmine knew from the legends it was similar to a sphinx, and it had the face of a man, the body of a lion and the tail of a scorpion.

She tightened her hold on her bow, which she had named Shadowfire. Jasmine hated creepy crawly things, scorpions included. 

Lady Artemis was about to give the signal before she stoped. The hunt saw why.

The manticore had somehow been able to get hostages. Three kids with black hair, two male and one female.

The younger male looked to be 10 years old, with pale skin and black hair, and was shuffling what looked like a deck of cards.

The girl looked to be his sister, maybe twelve or so, Jasmine couldn't tell. She was wearing the school uniform the younger male was wearing with a green hat and seemed like she wanted to hide as much as possible.

The tallest one was male and seemed angry and frustrated with the situation then scared. He wasn't wearing the school uniform but was a demigod, and a powerful one.

They where on a cliff overlooking the ocean. "Should I shadow travel and grab them?" Jasmine asked Zoë.

"No, not yet." the older huntress said.

Jasmine was able to hear what the manticore was saying. 

"The stirring of monsters,"it said with an evil smile. "The stirring of all the ancient things. The worst of them, the most powerful, are now waking. Did you really think that it was just our Lord? All of the lost ones are awakening. The ancient Titans who once ruled the world. The lesser immortals who were forced out by younger deities. Monsters that have not been seen in thousands of years. They will cause death and destruction the likes of which mortals have never known. And soon we shall have the most important monster of all - the one that shall bring about the downfall of Olympus!" he gloated triumphantly.

The hunt got closer, ready to step in if things got ugly.

Which did happen.

Three others appeared out of nowhere. Two girls and a satyr.

The girls pulled out weapons and the blonde girl passed a spare knife to the younger female. A fight broke out but they wouldn't able to hold it for long, especially when a helicopter appeared.

The monster launched a volley of black thorns and Artemis gave the signal to shoot as Zoe blew the horn.

Jasmine's POV

We all unleashed our arrows, cutting down the thorns. We stepped out into the clearing form the woods.

"The Hunters!" the blonde demigoddess cried.

Zoë stepped forward with her bow drawn. She beckoned for Jasmine who also stepped forward.

It snarled and lunged at Lilith but I thought Impedimenta! The brilliant turquoise light shot out of my wand and hit the manticore, who was blasted backwards.

"Permission to kill, my lady?" Zoë asked, eyes not leaving the manticore.

Thorn wailed, "This is not fair! Direct interference! It is against the Ancient Laws!"

"Not so," Artemis replied. "The hunting of all wild beasts is within my sphere. And you, foul creature, are a wild beast." She looked over to her lieutenant. "Zoë, permission granted."

The manticore growled. "If I cannot have these alive, then I will have them dead!"

He leapt - but not towards Percy and Thalia, who stood before him. Instead, he leapt towards the young male demigod, who had been crawling away from the helicopter - which unfortunately put him far too close to the manticore.

"No!" the black haired female-not the one with lightning blue eyes- yelled and charged forward with a knife clutched in her fist. The blonde demigoddess followed as well.

"Get back, half-bloods!" Zoë said. "Get out of the line of fire!"

Neither girl was listening. "GET OFF OF IT!" I bellowed.

 The younger female demigod leapt onto the monster's back and drove her knife into its mane. The blonde grabbed one of the manticore's flailing arms as it tried to dislodge the younger demigod and forced her own knife into its shoulder.

The monster howled, turning in circles with his tail flailing while Annabeth and the other demigod held on for dear life.

"Fire!" Zoë ordered.

"NO!" the black hair male demigod yelled.

I fired and it hit the manticore at the base of its tail. My sisters arrows hit the chest, neck, and other areas.

The manticore staggered backward, wailing, "This is not the end, Huntress! You shall pay!"

Then it jumped off the cliff, both demigodesses still on its back.

"NO!" I yelled and ran forward before anyone could react, infusing magic into her legs and feet.

"JASMINE NO!" Serena screamed.

"Annabeth!" the black haired male demigod yelled.

"Bianca!" the younger male shrieked.

"Bianca..." I heard Adrianna whisper, horror entering her voice.

But I didn't listen long enough.

And I jumped off the cliff as well.

So I hope you have enjoyed this chapter.