That's an Order

After the Dave fiasco, we made sure that all the penguins made it to their right zoo. Okay, maybe some of them got mixed up, but what do you expect? They all look the same! I was sitting at a computer making sure that the right ones got to their zoo when the phone started ringing. I sighed and pushed off the desk, rolling over to it. "North Wind, Juno speaking." I said as I grabbed the box for the phone and pushed myself back over to the computer.

"Hey, Juno." It was Skipper for the fifteenth time today. "What is it this time, Skip? I'm a little busy." I said and typed an email to a friend saying that the Paris penguins have sort of a French accent so they belong in the Paris Zoo. "I know. I know. I just need to know how the boys like their salmon." He said as I facepalmed. "You've grown up with them and watched me prepare your foods and you still have no idea?" I asked and rubbed my face.

"I know mine. Just not the boy'." He said as I sighed softly. "Private likes his salmon cut up into little squares so he can stack them before he eats them. Kowalski likes his made like sushi. And Rico.....well, Rico's Rico. He's not picky." I said as I grabbed the box and a notepad before rolling back over to the desk, placing the phone down. "Now, I have to go. I'll call you in the morning like I do every morning to wish you guys a great day." I said and flipped through the notepad. "But Jun-" "Bye, Skip." I said and hung up before rolling past Benedict.

"Was that them again?" He asked as he walked to the table and set some weapons down. "Yep. It's the fifteenth time they called." I said and typed to my friend that the Rio De Janeiro penguins love to play soccer. "Perhaps they miss you." Benedict said as I rolled over to the table, grabbing a pencil. "My boys? Nah, they'll do it because they can't remember much even though Kowalski is pretty much a walking Wikipedia." I said and looked at him with a smile before rolling back over to the computer.

"How long have you been working?" He asked and leaned back with his hands on the edge of the table. "With you? One day 16 hours 39 minutes and 7 seconds." I said and checked off Paris and Rio De Janeiro. "Ah, and have you had a break?" He asked as I looked at the map, crossing out Shanghai. "Don't need one." I said and crossed out San Diego. "Sweetheart, all those penguins will make it back to their original zoos. But you need a break." He said as I crossed off New York.

"I need to help Merrick with knowing what penguins go where, Ben." I said and went to rolling over to grab the phone when my chair was stopped and spun around for me to face him. "You are to take a break for the rest of the day. No more working." He said as his paws were on both arms of the chair, trapping me in as he leaned over me. "But-" "No "buts", my dear. You're overworking yourself and it's not a healthy work habit." He said as I tried to move, but he wouldn't let me. "Thats an order, my dear! You don't want me worrying do you?" He asked as I softly sighed in defeat.

"No." I said and looked up at him. "There's a good girl. Now, why do you meet me down by the jets, hmm?" He asked before leaning down and stealing a kiss causing me to appreciate the black fur on my face. He chuckled with a smirk and rubbed noses with me before walking to the table and started to put the weapons away. I got up and started to make my way to the jet and leaned against it, watching a small group of polar bears march by. After a while, Benedict walked over with a smile.

"Are you ready, my dear?" He asked as I raised my eyebrow. "Ready for what?" I asked as he held his arm out like a gentleman. "It's a surprise." He said and winked at me. I wrapped my arm around his with an eye roll and a smile before we walked in. He started the jet and flew us out of headquarters as I watched out the window while we flew over the ocean, noticing it was also night time out. I felt a paw on my knee, a respectful place, and looked over.

He had a soft smile as he kept his eyes out in front of him so he didn't hit anything. I smiled softly and gently rested a paw on his as he moved his paw so it was holding mine. "You never told me where we're going." I said with puppy eyes, trying to pry him into telling me. "Do what you want with your beautiful golden puppy eyes, sweetheart. I'm not ruining the surprise." He said as I gave a pout causing him to chuckle.

"I'm sorry, my dear, but it wouldn't be much of a surprise if I told you." He said with and glanced at me. "I guess you're right." I said with a soft huff. He smiled and gently cupped my cheek, softly caressing it with his thumb. "You're gonna love it, my dear. Trust me." He said as I leaned into his paw before he moved it back to hold mine. I looked out the window and watched as the water turn to land. We landed in an open field with wild flowers and fireflies fluttering around.

He stood up and walked out before waiting for me as I walked out, gently taking his paw that he offered. He lead me to a small hill that had a Weeping Willow tree covered in little lights. Under the tree was a blue pladded blanket with a picnic basket and an ice bucket with a bottle of wine in it. I covered my mouth in awe as my heart swelled. "All my years, no one's ever done anything like this for me." I said as I felt a paw on my back as I look at Benedict.

"Do you like it?" He asked with a soft smile. "I love it! It's so beautiful, Ben. The lights, the picnic, the fireflies. It's all wonderful." I said with a smile as he smiled more. He lead me over and sat me down before sitting beside me. He opened the basket to show cooked salmon with parsley and lemon. The was also some carrot cake as well. He set up my plate and handed it to me before making his own. While we ate, we talked about almost everything.

After we were done, he put the food away before standing up. I curiously watched him as he started to try and catch fireflies. Key word: try. He kept missing the little boogers as I was laughing at him. He eventually gave up and walked over to me with a bunch of wild flowers. He handed them to me before sitting beside me. "You know, I never really thought much about going steady with someone until I met you." He admitted as I started to make a crown.

"Honestly, I thought I wouldn't meet another wolf. A handsome one at that." I giggled softly and gently set the crown on his head before kissing his nose. "You're too kind, sweetheart." He said as he laid back on the blanket. I giggled and laid back too, rest my head on his arm as he pulled me. We peacefully watched the stars twinkle as I realized I have been overworking. I look at him as he had his other arm behind his head with a calm smile.

"Thank you." I said softly and nuzzled him. "For what, sweetheart?" He asked and wrapped both arms around me. "For this. You're right. I was overworking. I didn't realize till I felt how relaxed I am right now." I said softly as he gently rubbed my arm. "I'll always be by your side, my dear. To make sure you're taking care of yourself." He said as I smiled brightly before hugging him tightly, getting one in return. I look up and saw a shooting star.

"Look! A shooting star!" I said excitedly, leaning on my elbow while facing him. "Oh?" He asked, doing the same as he watched the star. "Make a wish!" I said happily as he looked at me. "How can I when I already have my wish?" He asked as I looked at him. "I have you." He said as I laid down with my head laying on my arm. "And I have happiness I've never witnessed." He said, leaning his head on his paw with a soft smile as I giggled. "What?" He asked with a confused expression.

"That was so cliche."