(9)

I was up the next day getting Dayvon ready to go to the cookout then I said "You got the baby doll?" He nodded and I said "You excited to see her?" Dayvon: "Mhm. She gon be excited too" Von walked in and said "Yo granny said hurry up." Me: "Hollon. Is Nique even here?" Von: "Yeah. Damn lil man I see you. You finna pull allem lil hoes." Me: "Shut up 😭" Von: "What's her name twin?" Dayvon shrugged his shoulders then he said "Ion know." Me: "How you like her and youn know her name?" Dayvon: "Cus I remember what she look like." Von: "Find ha name out today." Gramma: "Y'all hurry tf up! We gon be late!" Me: "Ight baby come on." I stood up and walked out then I said "Hollon lemme tell Momma we leavin." I went in the room they was stayin in then I said "Momma." She kept staring at the TV and said "Hm?" Me: "We gon be ar the cookout okay?" Mom: "Ight bring me a plate. Where Dayvon at?" Me: "Hollon. Dayvon!" I heard him say "Huh?" Me: "Come here" He ran in the room and said "Yes?" Mom: "You betta give me some suga boy." He jumped up on the bed and gave her a hug then she started laughing and kissing his cheek. He gave Daddy a hug too then Daddy said "Have fun."

I took him back downstairs then Gramma said "Bout damn time. Come on." Me: "It aint even allat serious 😭" Mani: "Can we hurry up and goooo? I'm hungry." Nique: "Fat ass." Mani: "Stfu bitch. Dis yo mf niece" We all walked out to the cars then I put Dayvon in the back of Durk's car and said "Who's house is the cookout even at?" Mani got up front and said "Ion even know. Gramma just said it was a church friend." Me and Von got in the backseat then Durk followed Nique's car to the house. When we pulled up it wasn't a lot of people out front and Von said "Where these niggas at?" Mani: "They prolly inna house or out back." We got out then Gramma walked up to us and said "Y'all betta watch ya mf mouf when we get in here. I will whoop ass if I hear any typa cussing. I'm mainly talkin to y'all." She pointed at Nique and Von then Nique said "Mane what? Ion even be cussin like dat." Von: "Facts." Mani: "Y'all say nigga all the time." Nique: "Shut up nigga." Gramma smacked him and said "Stop. Act like you got some damn sense."

We walked up on the porch and knocked on the door then a tall old man came and opened the door. He smiled at Gramma and said "Hey! How you doin sista?" Gramma: "I've been ight. Y'all dis my friend Keith from the church. These my grand babies and great grand babies." Keith: "I only see one." Gramma put her hand on Mani's stomach and said "One of em onna way." Keith: "Oh congratulations! Uh oh is that Dayvon?" Dayvon stepped behind me and squeezed my leg then Keith said "Still shy I see 😂. Well y'all come on in, everybody's out back." We walked in and there was a few kids in the floor playing with a bunch of toys and stuff. A lil girl with 2 afro puffs ran up to Dayvon and said "Hi" He handed her the doll and she said "Thank you." I put my hand on my chest and said "Aww." Von: "He nervous asf 🤣" The girl threw the doll down and pulled Dayvon over to a pile of toy guns then she handed him one and said "Go hide." Von: "Oh dat lil hoe strapped." Gramma smacked him in the back of the head and said "Quit cussin." Von: "Damn it aint even-" She stared at him and he said "Ight." Dayvon ran off and I said "She said fuck dem barbie dolls she like to play wit guns 😭" We walked out back and Gramma was greeting everybody and introducing us to most of them. A few minutes later a woman walked over to us and Gramma said "Oh Lai, this is Jayda's mother." Me: "Who's Jayda..." Gramma: "The girl Dayvon was hangin out wit." The woman said "Aww Dayvon is your son? He's adorable. I'm Mia " Me: "Thank you, I'm Lai and this is Von." I pointed at him and she said "Dayvon looks just like him. Jayda's daddy gon be here soon, ion know where he at." Me: "Okay." Mani: "Gramma I'm hungry." Mia: "I can sneak you a plate if you want." Mani: "Fr?" Mia: "Yeah girl." Mani: "I love you."

She started laughing then she said "Is there anything you don't like?" Mani: "Nah gimme everything. Even if you think it's nasty, put it on there. Y'all got hot links?" Mia: "Girl you know we do." Mani: "Gimme bout 3 of them please. And some hot sauce." Nique: "Damn you big asf." Mani: "Shut up." Me: "She's having a baby Nique 🤣 You'll understand one day." Nique: "Hell nawl. Fuck dem kids." Gramma smacked him again and said "Quit cussin." Mia: "You know what the baby is?" Durk started smiling then he said "Issa girl." Mia: "Whew lawd they a handful. Especially when they spoiled like Jayda. Her daddy spoil tf outta her." Durk: "Mine gon be like dat too." Mia: "Imma go get you something to eat. Imma be back."