Chapter LIV

The woman hunched over, holding herself close together; fearing if she let go she would shatter into pieces and would not be able to build herself back together. They had all seen it. That awful mark on her back.

The room around her as soon become a pencil drawing, rough and sketchy and she awaits for it to fade to black and overtake her. Waiting for the blackness to come so she could calmly watch herself be erased, eyes open and seeing nothing at all, the only evidence of her being would be the steady thump of her heart and the cool air in her lungs.

Humiliation. That's all she could feel. They had seen it and there was nothing she could do about it. The Guild had branded her like an animal and she felt herself shrink even more everytime her hand accidentally brushes against the wrinkled scar. She would do anything. She would pick down a mountain stone by stone, venture through a volcano. Do something impossible. Literally anything to get rid of that scar. There were many times she wanted to scrape it off with her nails, scoop it out of her flesh no matter how painful that would be. She just wanted it gone.

The convicts in the other cells had been quiet these days ever since her branded back was revealed. Shady Shin could press at her, throw questions and insults as much as he pleased. But he didn't. They were on different sides, fighting for different things. Shady Shin was following Zaheer whilst Kuvira worked with Hiroshi. Two completely different sides. So why wouldn't he insult her? Belittle her even more until she was flat on the floor, wishing she was a fragment of the stones in the cobbles.

He didn't do anything besides sit in his cell, lips sealed. Silence. They may be on differnet sides, but he was respectful to an extent. Zaheer had branded Kuvira and he felt like that was wrong to do so. He felt, somewhat sorry for this woman.

His days consisted of counting the steps he took, the furthest he's walked was at least 15,000 but he could go further if he really wanted to. Needless to say, it was boring. He kind of missed the little games that they played.

Sooner or later, the Sergeant wandered back into the area; returning from the little talk she just had with Hiroshi outside of the basement. Su strolled over in front of Kuvira's cell and tapped a metal cuff onto the bars, scaring the assassin half to death. She beckoned the assassin over and pointed to the cuffs in her hands.
"You'll need to come with me."

Kuvira shuffled from her postion and stood up, slipping her hands through the bars so Suyin could cuff her wrists.
"Am I in trouble?"

"Not that I know of, I have orders to take you to the barracks." Suyin replied, taking the key out of her pocket so she could unlock the gate.
"It's something about the revolt on the Red Lotus."

Kuvira hesitiantly took a step out of her cell.
"I've told you all I know about the Guild. I'm afraid I have nothing else to give."

"Korra has requested your appearance." Suyin responded as she opened the door to the basement so the assassin could step through.

"Korra?" Kuvira asked, relieved that her friend was okay.
"She's awake?"

"She's been up and about for a day or two." The Sergeant said.
"And she suggests that you'll be useful in the revolt."

Kuvira kept her head down as she passed through the halls of the Manor. The glares and sneers from passing servants and guards were expected but they were worse than she imagined. They went straight through her, teared her up from the inside. The position she was in right now was just as humiliating. Walking through the Sato Manor in chains and a ruffled up attire.
"I'm confused."

Suyin glanced at the assassin for a moment.
"I think I'll let Korra explain the details. I don't know much about them myself."

"No.." Kuvira mumbled.
"I'm confused about this." She said, gesturing to herself walking the halls of the Manor.
"Why has everyone trusted me out of my cell?"