52- Mamoru's Letter

[[Well, this is a brief chapter, it really is only meant for Mamoru's letter though. Please enjoy and remember to vote. I do not own the music used in this book- L RANDY]]

A figure rested against an enormous tree trunk, perched nicely on a high branch. After traveling for days on end continuously, he felt he deserved a well-needed break.

As he removed his cloak's hood he reached carefully into his pack, pulling out a few items; a canteen and a stack of letters.

He had half the mind to open them all to see what his flower was planning for the great Taycia's fall, but he instead figured a surprise would be much more enjoyable. He loved sly surprises, never knowing what was coming next but being there for the wild ride.

Mamoru pushed his mask up and onto his head as to take a swig of the lukewarm water, relishing the relief it gave his drying throat.

He had been journeying for days, apart from a quick nap or to restore his rations he had not had the chance to read his letter. He was too excited about this wild goose chase, even if he acted standoffish with the princess over it.

He was certainly overworking himself for his princess, with keeping up with the pirate ship and now on a hunt to find the owners of the letters.

"Let's see..." Mamoru sighed flicking through the small stack.

The letters were slightly crumpled from Alana's waistband the night she handed them over, but still, the names were legible, and one caught his glowing eyes.

-Momo-

A grin formed on his pale face, showing his canines off to the morning sun. He took a moment to admire the way his name looked written out in his loves handwriting. He found it beautiful and took it in as more proof he found no flaws in the girl he fell in love with. Something as simple as his name in her handwriting made his grin a bit bigger.

As he held the single envelope, he finally realized how thick and heft his was compared to the others, and more a quick second he felt unwarranted pride.

Wasting no more time he used his index claw to rip open the letter carefully, pulling the contents out in a swift motion. He was not expecting so many papers to be enclosed and released a sigh. Getting comfortable, he began to read.

Dear Momo,

I want to say thank you for doing your best for me, if you are reading this letter you must be on your special mission.

Mamoru rolled his eyes laughing out a scoff as he read 'special mission'.

As you know I want Taycia to be great and the people who reside in my land to be happy.

I am aware Taycia is my responsibility, but I need your help and the help of others to pull this off. I know it will be hard to find all these people, but please, do your best.

I will enclose directions of where you might be able to find some to the best of my ability. Please remain close to them and gather their final answer, whether they are willing to help or not. I apologize for giving you such a large responsibility but please try to work with all of them to do what I cannot.

As you can see, I have added multiple papers to your envelope, as I need you to be my eyes, ears, and mouth for this. Each page has the steps you need to find each particular person.

After delivering the letters and collecting the final answer, please return to me as quickly as possible for the next phase.

I will admit to you, I am terrified, Momo. I have no clue as to what is to come, what the future has in store for me, for Taycia. I do not know if this will work, or the chances of us succeeding. I do not if I am even fit to for this. All I know now is that I am willing to die for my kingdom, for my people. We must succeed.

Until next time – Alana

Mamoru stared at the paper a while longer after he had read it, admiring the princess's handwriting even longer. It was a boost in energy for him, he took it as an encouragement that she needed him.

He shuffled to the next page, his brows rising and a spark behind his eyes as he read the instructions for the next letter recipient. With another swig of his water, he replaced his mask and situated himself for his journey, a pep in step for the reaction he will soon get to savor.

His first stop, Silas.

[[oooohhh, SILAS!!! Who else missed him? And what ever could the princess be planning??
We're almost to the "The End" part, oh my gosh I can't believe it. THANK YOU TO ALL MY READERS, SUPPORTERS, AND VOTERS!! 💕
I am so sorry for slack updates. I'm writing as I go now and writers block has me crying in the club. L RANDY]]