SIX

(Tobi POV)

We all went back to the house after that, since Casey was all 'tired out.' Little did she know that Freya had a big night planned for the two of them, but when she found out, the first thing she did was complain. That was what she did. She complained.

A lot.

She came back downstairs in the same dress that we saw her wearing at the shop, and it took everything in me not to stare at her. She didn't want me to, and I respected that.

	When they left, I went straight to Vik's room to talk

When they left, I went straight to Vik's room to talk. I had some questions.

"Cassiopeia. What is it?" I asked as soon as he let me in.

"Huh?"

"Is there a certain meaning behind it or something?" I slouched into his chair and spun around as I waited for an answer. Her tattoo clearly meant something, and I was dying to find out what it was. While also respecting her privacy, of course.

"I don't know, man, I learned that in Year 6," He scratched his thin beard. "Why?"

"It has to mean something," I said. No girl as complicated and closed off as her had a tattoo of a constellation that didn't mean anything.

He shrugged. "I guess we can look it up."

He sat down in the chair in front of his computer and started typing.

"What does it say?"

"It says...named after the vain Queen Cassiopeia in Greek mythology...something about unrivaled beauty..."

"Let me see," I came over to the computer and read through the article. "Seated Queen. That can't be it."

"You're still on that tattoo?" Vik asked. "She said she just thought it was cool. Didn't look like she knew it was a constellation."

I knew better than that. I could tell just by looking at her that she'd lied.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right," I mumbled as I stood. "She's...interesting, isn't she?"

Vik chuckled. "A bit, yeah. I've just tried to avoid her, and I suggest you do the same."

I sighed. It was the smart thing to do, but I couldn't let myself. Not until I had her figured out.

"Hey, you're the smart one," I dismissed what he said. "Maybe you can help me figure it out. Figure her out."

"Tobi has a crush," Vik teased.

I chuckled. "No. Her and I are too different."

I was a nice guy and she was...not. Though, based on the stories Ethan told, she used to be. Every day she'd been there, I'd asked myself why she changed.