16

Koa's POV

I was walking down the halls of erudite it was around. 7:30am the meeting had started 20 minutes ago. My brother was hot on my tail. I hacked into the system to get the date of the meeting, I didn't want to show up on time as it would be suspicious.

I held books in my hand old books. Some notebooks as well. I saw some guards standing outside the door. "Open the door."

"And who are you?" I scoff and roll my eyes.

"Koa, third in command at dauntless."

"And who's he."

"Someone coming in if you like it or not now open the door." I growled the males open the door I walk in my boots hitting the white marble floor. Everyone turned to look at me.

Eric had a pissed off expression. He glared at me and I didn't dare look back at him head on. I'm on a mission. I threw the books on the table.

"She spitting lies, we know what that box holds the info. And everyone is part divergent. If they like it or not." I nod to my brother who puts more books on the tables.

People went to reach for them. "Max. And Eric. Look at the book."

"And who's this?" Max lifts a brow.

"Your not supposed to be here Koa." Eric spoke. I ignored Eric and answered Max's question.

"This is my brother."

"Sir." My brothers accent showing through. Max and Eric slowly reach out for the books skimming through them the old hand writing.

"And who the hell put you in charge." Jeanine questioned I rest my hand on my hip looking at my brothers.

"Luka. Go get him" I spoke calmly he nods and goes off.

"What is he your lap dog?" She scoffs.
She looked at the books. "The hell is this old crap and why bring it here."

"Again. They already cracked open that pretty little box of yours years ago. And you using max to get what you want low blow." I lean on the table glaring right at her. "How much you wanna bet your actual giving him a blow if you catch my drift just to get what you want."

She went to respond but I heard loud footsteps and I knew exactly who it was.

"Даля моя дочь"
(Dalia my daughter)

"Отец, ты знаешь, что задача - поставить ее задницу на место."
(Father, you know the task at hand please put her ass in her place)

" (Father, you know the task at hand please put her ass in her place)

My father was a tall and strong he had a heavy accent. He looked down at them all and hums gently. "So, my daughter here tells me your trying to get rid of all divergents. Is that correct."

"And who are you?"

"This is our father, Rowen Vladimir. The leader of erudite before hand. But you might now him as Rowen Jones since no one can pronounce our last name right." My brother spoke calmly as he stood there. The three of us all looked a like.

"So there people outside the wall?" Eric spoke reading one of the notebooks.

"Yes. I see you got them the evidence good job Angel."

"I'm not stupid like some of them papa." I smirked he hums gently.

"Yes. But there is no point going outside. They are worse and more corrupt then us. The reason why they made the wall to recreate humanity." My father went on to explain Jeannie was getting mad at this.

"Where were you all these years huh?" My fist balled up I took a deep breath my felt my father put his hand on my shoulder.

"Dont show her your demon angel. I had to watch a nine year old, and a 6 month old. I simply did not have time to be in the office all the time." He spoke he was kinda telling the truth but he didn't need everyone to know what's going on behind clothes doors.

"So they wanted to fix humanity?" Max questioned. And the three of us nod.

"They made us into 5 factions. Peaceful, honest, brains, brave, and selfless. They wanted divergents. 100% so the next generations will have all aspects they wanted or saw fit." My father went on explaining. "The people outside are ruthless and take kids for their own armies. It's still..." he looked over me.

"как сказать ебать?"
(How do you say fuck?) I chuckle softly.

"Fuck." I spoke calmly he nods.

"It's fuck up." His accent was very very strong. "The parents get killed and the kids get taken. If you kill all divergents you will be killing everyone even yourselves."

They all looked shocked at this info. Eric and max put down the books a while ago. Janine laughs causing me to lift a brow.

"What's so funny?"

"You are actually gonna believe them? When we get the box-" i cut her off.

"About the box.... it's kinda... broken." I smirked leaning on the table with my hands glaring her down. "I didn't want you going around killing people for the hell of a box. There's no point."

"YOU DID WHAT!?" I look at my father he chuckles deeply it was a deep dark chuckle should would call unsettling.

He spoke in Russian to me and Luka causing us to laugh as well. Janine glared at me.

"Watch yourself Koa," she hissed "when this becomes a fight you know who wins."

My grin widens as I leans forward a bit my gaze locked on Janines. "I'm glad you know when to accept defeat."

I turned away with my brother and father by my side leaving the meeting as other spoke. Whispering and mumbling till I heard Janine and Max voice along with Eric's.

"You did good, my Angel."

"Thank you papa." I smiled he looked down and smirked. I looked at him I knew right then and there he was hiding something. The way his eyes held mischief and the way he was carrying him self.

This man would have never agreed to do this for free he has something planned. Shit. I knew after this meeting I would have to go into hiding. I parted ways with my father and brother and my brother held up 3 fingers. We made up a code where 3 fingers means he's hiding something. 2 means run. And 1 means hide.

I nod my head and waved at them before running off to hide.