𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

"I really don't understand why we have to clean right now, it's not like we'll be staying here for long," I mutter bitterly under my breath as Eren hauls me onto his shoulders. My legs were on either side of Eren's head, making his grip the sides of my thighs tightly so I wouldn't fall off while I cleaned the tops of the cabinets.

"Y/n, he might hear," Eren hisses out from below me.

"And?" I scoff out. "It's not like he can reach me from here."

Eren muffles a chuckle into the palm of his hand, making me almost topple off of him.

"Oi! Watch it Eren!"

"Oh, quiet. You're fine," Eren says and I already know he's rolling his eyes. "Now, get back to dusting, I don't want the captain to make us run laps again like last time."

"Fine," I grumble out and reach out with Levi's long feather duster. My heart twinges in pain for a moment; the last time I used one of these was when I was messing around with Gunther.

Y/n?" Eren asks concerned from beneath me. His green-blue eyes met mine as he tilted his head up.

"I'm fine," I say with a reassuring smile, brushing off the fact that I was probably zoned out for the past couple of seconds.

"Are you sure?" Eren asked softly. We never really talked about their deaths- my old squad's deaths.

"I'm sure, Yeager." I ruffle Eren's head once, sending him a quick, tired smile, and get back to work. I feel Eren's hands grip tighter onto my thighs in silent support, which makes my heart warm.

After a few moments we were finally finished cleaning, and good timing it was as Hanji walked through the front door.

"Hey, Hanji-" My greeting was cut off when I notice Hanji's somber expression.

"Y/n, gather everyone around please," the woman says without meeting my eyes. I nod with a serious expression and turn around on my heels, going to round everyone up.

"What was that about? Hanji's never like that," Eren says, now by my side, accompanying me to get everyone.

"I don't know, but it doesn't look good. And I've been having a bad feeling all day too..." I trail off with a distant expression. I look up to Eren when I feel his hand slip in mine, gripping it tightly in his hold.

Catching my gaze, Eren turns his head towards me. "What? Is this not okay?" He asked with a hesitant look. "No, no it's fine," I say while facing away from Eren, hiding my warming cheeks. I hear Eren chuckle from beside me.

"You're cute when you blush, Y/n," Eren states, now smirking down at me as we round a corner and head outside to where Mikasa and Connie were on watch.

"I'm always cute, Eren," I say with a wink, composing myself again and walking up to Connie and Mikasa.

After calling the two over we head back inside, looking now to get Jean, Armin, Sasha, and Levi, but they were already waiting in the main room for us. Levi kicks out a chair for me to sit in and I take it while pulling Eren along so he could sit next to me, all while ignoring Levi's watchful gaze on our interlocked hands.    

Once everyone was situated Hanji spoke up, her tone calm and clear, but her eyes held little signs of anger. "Pastor Nick is dead. He was killed in the Trost District, along with his daughter and her spouse."

Everyone stills at this, no one really knowing how to react. Sure Pastor Nick was a stubborn bastard that barely lent us any information, but he did give us some help. A weird dreading feeling set in the pit of my stomach though; it was weird, I didn't even feel enough hate for the pastor to feel this affected.