Arc 1 Chapter 2: The Start

Alexis was wandering around the Astrea Manor. After making her deal with Reinhard, he set off to the Capitol building to prepare.

Reinhard Van Astrea was someone new to Alexis. She had never faced an opponent that could knock her out as easily as he did before.

Granted there were other people that came close and Alexis was unprepared for the attack. But the most intriguing part of him was Reinhard himself.

If she were to make a paper describing him, the first would be a hero. Everything about him screamed that this was the kind of person who would do everything correctly and actually had the power to back it up.

He was one of the few people in the world that would do a good deed and ask for nothing in return.

Alexis was interrupted from this train of thought by a voice.

"I didn't think Reinhard would ever bring back a girl back to his home."

Alexis turned around to see a red haired woman sitting in a chair looking at her with an appraising look.

"If you generalize it like that it would seem to be scandalous." Alexis replied as she walked over and pulled a stool right next to the woman. "However, the circumstances for that would not be like yours and the Sword Demon's."

"Now there's no need to come to conclusions so quickly." Theresia Van Astrea said as she gave a closed eye smile at Alexis. "Perhaps some people just need a push to fall in love!"

"....you're trying to set me with Reinhard." 

"It's not like I need to do much." Theresia said as she gave a teasing smile to Alexis. "He's already set himself up to be an amazing lover by how he carried you in!"

"....." Alexis fought back the massive blush going through her face as her imagination wandered over to her being carried in by Reinhard.

"See? You're imagining it already!"

"I'm not a believer in love at first sight okay! Sure he might've carried me in but before he did that he knocked me out! Though I suppose I did attack him first..."

Theresia smile only grew as she remembered who threw the first actual blow between her and WIlhelm.

"Okay Okay I'll stop teasing you; You need to go to the changing room anyways."

"Why the changing room?" Alexis said as she sat up straight.

"My grandson picked out the best suited clothes for you to wear cause of the deal you two made." Theresia said as she stretched out her arms.

"...Clothes blessing?"

"Clothes blessing." 

"I'll be seeing you later, it was nice talking to you." Alexis spoke as she stood up and started walking to the changing room.

After she was out of sight, Theresia sighed wistfully and nostalgically as she recounted old times.

"It always starts with a fight..."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I really don't need help for this Ms. Fauzen." Alexis said as she nevertheless complied with letting the old woman help her put the outfit on.

(Authors note: This is a battle outfit for Alexis)

Carol Remendis Fauzen was an individual that at first impression, one would consider her a "hardened" woman. After talking to her for a while, she let out a softer side to those she trusted.

"Don't worry. I'm actually enjoying this. It's been years since I could do this." Carol said as she helped tighten the sleeves on the wrists of the outfit. "This reminds me of Theresia's ceremony after the Demi-Human War. It got crashed by Wilhelm when he ruined and saved Theresia at the same time."

"I can tell that she isn't one that would enjoy fighting. The circumstances for her were really unfair. Not to mention her Divine Blessing of The Death God."

"You can tell who has Divine Blessings?"

"Yes, I had this ability since birth. It comes in handy when facing different opponents." Alexis said as she finished dressing.

(This is NOT the "Divine Protection of Judgement")

"Since birth?" Carol said as she straightened out the outfit, "That does remind me of when we found out Reinhard's Divine Blessing."

"I'm not sure how more surprised you can be from a Blessing that gives other blessings."

"I thought that too till he came carrying you in like a lost puppy out in the rain."

"Must've been a really lost puppy if it was unconscious."

"Maybe it was meant to be found."

"I don't believe in fate or love at first sight. I'm sure you and your husband took a while to fall in love."

"Grimm is the person that I love ever since we realized each others feelings. It merely took us a while for him to get a nobility rank so we could officially marry."

"I'll be sure to tell you once I realize my feelings for Reinhard." Alexis spoke in a sarcastic voice as she wondered why the residents of the mansion were so adamant on matchmaking.

"You should probably get ready to go now. If you want the area to still be isolated when you two arrive." Carol said as she bowed down to Alexis. "I enjoyed my time talking with you. You are welcome back to this manor anytime you wish."

"Thank you for the hospitality. I will make sure to visit no matter how the deal goes."

Alexis walked out of the changing room towards the front door. After she left, Carol smiled to herself. '

"They'll be perfect for each other."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexis walked towards the front door to see Reinhard waiting.

"Are you ready to leave?"

"I'll follow your lead."

They both walked out towards the Capitol for what would be the the first of many confrontations.