Results

"She just woke up" the nurse told the four and they all immediately stood up

"She just woke up" the nurse told the four and they all immediately stood up. "No I'm sorry only one person can see her we don't want to overwhelm her" the nurse responded. "Go ahead Harry" Lily said and sat back down. Harry gave the girl a grateful smile and then walked with the nurse. The hospital was always quiet and never very many people there. Harry had been there for seventeen hours and hadn't gotten any sleep in the past two days. He was completely exhausted. Lily had walked into the hospital and quickly hugged a crying Harry and they both sat in the waiting room praying for their best friends life to be spared.

Amelia had went through the surgery to get the horrible infection under control. It had been successful thankfully and she was now slowly waking up. Harry walked to the girls room with the nurse. She opened the door and there Millie lay. She still had a couple machines hooked up to her but she was awake. "She won't be awake for very long so if you wanna talk to her you better do it now" the nurse said a bit rudely.

The nurse then left and Harry walked to his fiancé's side. He grabbed her hand and Amelia looked at him. "The nurses are always such Bitches" Amelia said with a hoarse voice. The two laughed quietly. "Are you feeling alright?" Harry asked and another tear rolled down his cheek. "I'm alright Harry" Amelia said giving the boys hand a squeeze. "You scared me" Harry said and Millie laughed a little. "You think you can get rid of me that easily?" She asked with a small laugh. Harry then pulled out the chair to sit next to the girl.

"Harry?" Amelia's quiet hoarse voice filled the room and Harry perked up. "What is it sunflower?" Amelia took a deep breath. "I'm sorry for all this" she said and Harry could see the tears fall down her face. He gave the girl a look of confusion.

"I know that this is probably a lot for you and finding me was probably pretty traumatizing, I just want you to know that it's okay if you don't wanna be with me, I'm a handful and a lot of work, I can't always be one hundred percent ready to take on life with you, there is always something that gets in my way and that also ends up stopping you." Amelia states and Harry wipes the girls tears.

"Stop talking Millie, I am the happiest I've ever been when I'm with you, I love you more than anyone I've ever loved in my entire life, you have given me a new sense of hope, you have given me a life that I've always wanted to live." Harry said squeezing the girls hand and kissing it softly. "I love you" he said and kissed the girl on the head. "I love you too" Amelia said and Harry sat up. "Lily, Mitch, and Jeff are all waiting out there" Harry says and Millie gives Harry a confused look. "Why is Lily here?" She asked and Harry shrugged. "I called her and she booked the first flight out here" Amelia slightly smiled at how supportive her friend was.

The two were then interrupted by the doctor. He walked in and went towards the bed side of Amelia. "Are we feeling okay?" He asked looking at a clipboard. "Yeah just a little bit of pain and pressure with the incision." Amelia said and the doctor writes something down. "Since you are here we have concluded that you are at the right stage for a step cell transplant." The doctor said and Amelia quickly looked at Harry with hope in her eyes.