twenty

it was a desperate and shady day, the weather cunning and indecisive. a lone whistle rang out from town, cobwebs rustling in the exaggerated breeze.

"OW, YOU FLIPPER!" matcha shrieked out when she felt a wet substance pine her in the back. she strained her neck to look. 

"red, huh? the colour of REVENGE. park sunghoon, i will paintball you so hard you'll wish you'd never stepped foot into the past." she deadpanned.

she solemnly moved behind a pillar, reloading her colourful weapon as she stood completely still.

the tension in the air was thick, every little movement was enough to send the two's eyes darting. 

sunghoon stepped behind out from his hiding spot after a minute, eyeing his surroundings carefully. everything looks clear, he thought.

he slowly walked around in the big arena, alert and gun up. 

it was a lion hunting for its prey.

"HIYA!" a voice yelled out from behind him as his soul left him. he let out a yell and instantly got shot millions of times with all sorts of colours.

"matcha, matcha, MATCHA, i surrender! you win!" he begged, still trying to catch his breath from the jumpscare. 

"sorry!" the girl said, grinning at him without a hint of condolence. 

sunghoon looked at the girl, bewildered. "ah, really.." 

"you're something else."

"why would i be something else if i could just be yours instead?" she flirted, slapping her knee and howling. "THAT was a good one." she said, praising her flirting attempt after shamelessly painting the boy every colour of the rainbow.

lest did she know sunghoon's heart swarmed with a monarchy of butterflies.