5

Bokuto and Kuroo began visiting more and more to hang out with the other two. They would bring food or stay and hang out during the late-night shifts. Sometimes it would just be Kuroo, other nights only Bokuto. Either way, they just began showing up a lot.

Akaashi found it pleasant to have the other two around more. He could tell his boyfriend enjoyed the company too. Well, he had thought he had enjoyed the company. That was until Kenma began acting strange. It only started with ignoring Akaashi a few times when he would ask something or say something. It then escalated to where Kenma wouldn't leave the studio anymore. Staying cooped up in the studio wasn't exactly strange, but Kenma never blatantly ignored his boyfriend. All the behavioral changes were starting to worry Akaashi. What tipped him over the edge was what occurred when he had tried to enter the studio that morning.

Akaashi entered the gallery just like every other day. When he came in, it was quiet and dull. No one else was inside, but he knew Tsukishima was more than likely in the break room making coffee. Tsukishima was the one to open up the gallery every morning. More often than not, he started the coffee. Akaashi made his way to the break room and immediately noticed the first weird sign. All the blinds to the studio were pulled shut.

The blinds being closed was a pretty regular occurrence. That was usually when Akaashi was inside modeling or when Kenma wanted a bit of privacy. Akaashi went and attempted to open the door and found that it was locked. That was what caused him the most confusion. Even when he was inside almost entirely nude, they had rarely locked the door.

Akaashi knocked softly on the door, hoping to get any kind of answer. He sat for a moment, and there was nothing. He knocked on the door once more.

Still absolutely no answer from the other side but he could hear the music increase which gave him at least some hint that Kenma was inside. Akaashi sighed with a small frown on his face. He wanted to know what was going on with his boyfriend. It wasn't like him to just be acting this way. Akaashi attempted to think of anything that could have happened to make his boyfriend lash out like this. Nothing was coming to mind though. There weren't any events recently and no one strange had come to visit the gallery that would have caused this.

Akaashi moped his way into the break room and saw a slightly tired-looking Tsukishima sitting down drinking his coffee. Akaashi dropped his head slightly as he poured himself his coffee. The action wasn't missed by the overly observant beanpole in the room. "So, did something happen with Kenma?"

Akaashi sighed and frowned looking into his cup. "No idea. He's been acting off but hasn't told me what's wrong." Akaashi picked up his cup and went to join the blond at the table. He noticed the taller taking a drink and nodding his head.

"This morning he looked as if he wanted to kill someone." Akaashi perked up from what the blond said. It wasn't exactly good news but Akaashi was just glad that someone had actually seen his boyfriend. "I went to tell him coffee was done but I was met with a rather belligerent boy instead," Tsukishima said averting his eyes and taking a sip of his drink.

"I'm guessing that's when he locked the door," Akaashi said and was confirmed with a slight nod. Akaashi took a deep breath while rubbing the bridge of his nose. It was so difficult when Kenma got like this. Akaashi still loved him all the same but it would be easier if he could have a conversation with him rather than trying to bait the words out of him. Now he was locked inside a room causing a literal barrier between them.

Both of the boys quietly finished their coffee. Akaashi was still deep in thought about what exactly was going on with his lover. Tsukishima had left a while ago to open the gallery. So it was just Akaashi sitting there alone at this point. Finally, he decided to make his way to his shared office to get working on a few things.