6

Akaashi was now sitting in the studio with his frazzled boyfriend. After not seeing him at all it was quite the view to see him looking like he had jumped in a dumpster of almost empty paint tubes. Kenma hadn't spoken a word the entire time they had been in there. The silence was starting to become unsettling.

On the other hand, Kenma was still sitting with a soft expression on his face. He curled into himself on the floor of the studio. Akaashi wanted to ask him what he was thinking but knew it was better to just give him time. After a while, Kenma reached his hand out and Akaashi gladly accepted it on his own. Slowly Akaashi rubbed his thumb softly over the other boy's hand. This was a start.

Kenma opened his mouth to speak but quickly closed it. Akaashi kept rubbing his thumb on his boyfriend's soft hand. Kenma drew his knees closer to himself. "I uh... Well... I think I have a crush. Or well maybe crushes?" He said quietly but quickly. "But Kashi I love you, I can't be thinking that. I can't lose you Kashi, but my heart gets all fluttery around them and just...fuck" Kenma dug his tooth into his lip not daring to make eye contact with the boy across from him.

Akaashis eyes lit up for a second and a soft smile formed on his face. He finally understood what caused his lover to act out and the reason didn't bother him at all. In reality, Akaashi had the same feelings but had long again made up his mind to ignore them. It was almost a relief that he wasn't the only one harboring these secret feelings.

"Kenma look at me"

Shaking his head he drew himself even tighter against his chest burying his face into his knees. While this wasn't quite the right time Akaashi couldn't help but find his boyfriend cute. He reached out and cupped his boyfriend's face in his hands forcing the smaller boy to make eye contact with him. "Is it Kuroo and Bokuto?" Akaashi asked tenderly. Kenma gave a small nod keeping his eyes locked with the others.

"I wasn't going to say anything, but I was feeling that way towards them too. I love you too. I'll always love you, but I got the fluttery feeling too."

When Akaashi was done speaking Kenma released his tight grip on his knees allowing himself to relax.

Akaashi and Kenma talked through exactly when they began feeling the way they did. It turned out that they both began feeling something when they met the older boys. It was such a relief for both of them that they didn't have to keep these feelings to themselves.

"Do you think we should tell the others?" Kenma asked.

"I'm not sure. I like seeing them even if it's only as friends I don't want to ruin that" Kenma nodded agreeing.

"I don't want to lose their friendship either."

With that, both of the boys decided that they would push their feelings to the side. They valued being able to see them too much to even try and confess. While it wasn't a great feeling they thought it to be best.

Akaashi moved closer to his small boyfriend and wrapped him in a tight hug. This had been emotionally straining not only for Kenma but it was also for Akaashi. Nothing goes good when they fail to talk out their emotions but sometimes they just can't. Kenma wrapped his arms around the other. They sat in each other's warmth for a long time.

Akaashi needed this. He feared that his boyfriend no longer wanted him after the days of ignoring him. Now all he wants is to be embraced by his love.

"I love you Kashi"

"I love you too Kenma"

...

After the boys spent some much-needed personal time together they made their way back into their office where two boys were waiting for them. They greeted the boys again.

"Everything better?" Kuroo blurted out.

"Yeah, everything's alright," Akaashi said, giving his boyfriend a loving glance. Kenma nodded instead of verbally responding.

"I'm glad I was worried about you KenKen"

"Ah sorry Bokuto"

"It's alright just glad to see you out and about again."

With that, the boys spent the rest of their day together. Bokuto and Kuroo weren't sure as to what exactly happened with the younger boy but they decided to move past it. They all had a good night and Akaashi didn't let Kenma leave his side for a minute. Even dragging him all the way home so they could be together until the next day.